This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
This blended Strawberry Lemonade Whiskey Sour is perfectly tart and sweet with a bourbon whiskey kick is the perfect summertime cocktail.
When you mix any kind of berry with lemon juice, sugar, and bourbon whiskey, only good things will come about.
Why this recipe works:
I’m not normally a whiskey drinker but I broke that rule as soon as I had a sip of this drink. It is the perfect summer cocktail. There’s just something perfect about uniting sweet and tart together with the unmistakable flavor of whiskey.
- This recipe uses only four ingredients: strawberries, lemon, simple syrup, and whiskey.
- It is quick and easy to make by combining everything in the blender. The result is a flavorful blended ice cold cocktail.
- You can make just one or make a whole pitcher for a crowd!
How to make it:
I started by allowing the berries to soak in the simple syrup and the lemon. The acid and the sugar allowed the berries to release even more juice.
Then I took that entire mixture and blended it up into pulpy goodness.
Mix in your bourbon and pour it over ice – voila – a perfectly sweet and tart, easy to make, summer cocktail. Isn’t it pretty?
Other great strawberry recipes:
Love fresh strawberry recipes? Well then you’ll have to make these summer favorites:
- Classic Strawberry Shortcake
- Strawberry Pretzel Dessert
- Strawberry Banana Smoothie
- Fresh Strawberry Pie
- Strawberry Rhubarb Pie
- Strawberry Rhubarb Lemonade
- How to Make Strawberry Rhubarb Jam
- Old Fashioned Strawberry Ice Cream
- Strawberry Coconut Chia Pudding
- Strawberry Marshmallows
- Strawberry Basil Vinaigrette
- Strawberry Rhubarb Streusel Muffins
- Strawberry Shortcake Poke Cake
- Strawberry Basil Honey Punch
- Strawberry Coconut Lava Flow
Strawberry Lemonade Whiskey Sour
- 4 large strawberries hulled and chopped
- 1 ounce lemon juice
- 1 ounce simple syrup
- 3 ounces bourbon whiskey
- Combine the strawberries, lemon juice, and simple syrup. Allow berries to release juice by sitting in the liquid at least 30 minutes.
- Add the strawberry mixture to the blender and run it on low (I used the sauce feature on my Blendtec). You can really blend it as much/little as you like, but I found this mode made it perfectly pulpy with a bit of foam. Add whiskey and swirl to combine.
- Pour over ice and serve.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.
This post was originally created in June 2015 and has been updated for your reading pleasure.