This blended Strawberry Lemonade Whiskey Sour is perfectly tart and sweet with a bourbon whiskey kick is the perfect summertime cocktail.
When you mix any kind of berry with lemon juice, sugar, and bourbon whiskey, only good things will come about.
WHISKEY SOUR RECIPE
I love the month of June. In Oregon, June symbolizes the start of strawberry season.
I'm not normally a whiskey drinker but I broke that rule as soon as I had a sip of this drink. Its was mighty tasty indeed. There's just something perfect about uniting sweet and tart together with the unmistakable flavor of whiskey.
What to mix with whiskey:
If you ask my husband, he would say nothing. He's the kind of guy that doesn't even need ice. A bottle of whiskey and a glass is all that he needs.
Not me. I need sweet whiskey if I'm going to drink it at all.
If you plan on making a whiskey mixed drink like a whiskey sour, you need simple syrup which is just sugar dissolved in water along with some kind of juice.
For this particular cocktail, I used fresh strawberry puree and lemon juice, but the options are limitless. Any kind of fresh squeezed juice or fruit puree can usually be paired with whiskey. A squeeze of lemon or lime always adds just the right amount of tart. How about a slice of fresh ginger? So many options.
How to make this Strawberry Lemonade Whiskey Sour:
I started by allowing the berries to soak in the simple syrup and the lemon. The acid and the sugar allowed the berries to release even more juice.
Then I took that entire mixture and blended it up into pulpy goodness.
Mix in your bourbon and pour it over ice - voila - a perfectly sweet and tart, easy to make, summer cocktail. Isn't it purdy?
Strawberry Lemonade Whiskey Sour
- 4 large strawberries (hulled and chopped)
- 1 ounce lemon juice
- 1 ounce simple syrup
- 3 ounces bourbon whiskey
- Combine the strawberries, lemon juice, and simple syrup. Allow berries to release juice by sitting in the liquid at least 30 minutes.
- Add the strawberry mixture to the blender and run it on low (I used the sauce feature on my Blendtec). You can really blend it as much/little as you like, but I found this mode made it perfectly pulpy with a bit of foam. Add whiskey and swirl to combine.
- Pour over ice and serve.
This post was originally created in June 2015 and has been updated for your reading pleasure.
Love fresh strawberry recipes?
Well then you'll have to make these summer favorites:
- Classic Strawberry Shortcake
- Strawberry Pretzel Dessert
- Strawberry Banana Smoothie
- Fresh Strawberry Pie
- Strawberry Rhubarb Pie
- Strawberry Rhubarb Lemonade
- How to Make Strawberry Rhubarb Jam
- Old Fashioned Strawberry Ice Cream
- Strawberry Coconut Chia Pudding
- Strawberry Marshmallows
- Strawberry Basil Vinaigrette
- Strawberry Rhubarb Streusel Muffins
- Strawberry Shortcake Poke Cake
- Strawberry Basil Honey Punch
- Strawberry Coconut Lava Flow