Strawberry Pretzel Dessert is the ultimate summer dessert, especially when you're looking for something sweet to take to potlucks!
This tasty treat consists of a sweet pretzel crust, topped by a creamy layer, and finished off with a layer of fresh strawberries set in strawberry jello. Ditch the store bought Cool Whip and make your own stabilized whipped cream instead!
- The bottom layer consists of crushed pretzels, melted butter, and a bit of sugar. The combination of sweet and salty is what every dessert needs and the crunch this layer adds plays nicely with the top two layers.
- The middle layer consists of cream cheese, sugar, and cool whip. You can use homemade whipped cream if you plan on serving it right away in lieu of the cool whip, or even better you can make some stabilized whipped cream and it will hold up really well.
- The top layer is a combination of fresh strawberry slices and strawberry jello. They really do compliment each other and anytime I eat jello, I'm immediately transported back to my childhood.
How to make this recipe:
- For the bottom pretzel layer, combine crushed pretzels, melted butter, and some sugar in a bowl and then press it into the bottom of a baking dish. Once baked, it creates a cohesive crust that might make you stop cooking right then and there because you want to gobble it all up.
- The trick with the middle creamy layer is to be sure your cream cheese is at room temperature when you whip it. Combine the cream cheese with some sugar and the stabilized whipped cream. Also, you'll want to spread this layer out entirely over your crust to make a full seal, thus preventing the strawberry layer from getting to the pretzel layer.
- The trick with the top strawberry gelatin layer is to allow it to cool to the point where it begins to thicken but you can still easily stir in the fresh strawberries. You'll pour this over the top and refrigerate the entire dessert until it sets.
Love Strawberry Dessert Recipes? You will have to try these favorites:
- Strawberry Pie
- Strawberry Rhubarb Pie
- Classic Strawberry Shortcake
- Old Fashioned Strawberry Ice Cream
- Strawberry Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Strawberry Marshmallows
- Strawberry Shortcake Poke Cake
- Strawberry Lemonade Baked Donuts
- Coconut Berry Icebox Cake
- Strawberry Fluff Salad
Strawberry Pretzel Dessert
- 2 ½ cups pretzels (crushed by hand)
- ¾ cup butter (unsalted, melted)
- 3 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 8 ounces cream cheese (softened)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 cups stabilized whipped cream
- 6 ounces strawberry jello (2 (3 ounce) packages)
- 2 cups boiling water
- 3 cups strawberries (sliced)
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Grease or parchment line a 9x13 baking dish.
- Stir together crushed pretzels, melted butter and 3 tablespoons granulated sugar. Mix well and press mixture into bottom of prepared 9x13-inch baking dish. Bake 8-10 minutes, until set. Set aside to cool.
- In a large mixing bowl cream together cream cheese and white sugar. Fold in stabilized whipped cream. Spread mixture onto fully cooled crust. To avoid a soggy crust, just be sure the creamy layer reaches all edges of the pan. Set in refrigerator for at least 15 minutes.
- Dissolve strawberry jello in boiling water. Allow to cool until mixture is about the consistency of egg whites. Stir in sliced strawberries and spread over cream cheese layer. Refrigerate until set.
This post was originally created in June 2018 and has been updated with more fun facts and tidbits for your reading pleasure.