Strawberry Pretzel Dessert is the ultimate summer dessert, especially when you’re looking for something sweet to take to potlucks!
This tasty treat consists of a sweet pretzel crust, topped by a creamy layer, and finished off with a layer of fresh strawberries set in strawberry jello.
This post may contain affiliate links. That means that I will earn a teeny tiny (seriously, it’s ridiculously small) commission on anything that you buy, at no added cost to you. By supporting me this way, I can deliver more delicious recipes! Read my disclosure policy here.
STRAWBERRY PRETZEL SALAD
Pin it to your DESSERT BOARD to SAVE it for later!
Follow Self Proclaimed Foodie on Pinterest for more great recipes!
How have I gone almost four decades before enjoying some Strawberry Pretzel Dessert? I was actually at a little get together potluck at a friend’s house and someone brought this beautiful, bright red, layered dessert. She said that every time she brings it, people gobble it up and then ask for her to bring it to the next potluck. I was intrigued!
What goes into this delicious Strawberry Pretzel Dessert?
- The bottom layer consists of crushed pretzels, melted butter, and a bit of sugar. The combination of sweet and salty is what every dessert needs and the crunch this layer adds plays nicely with the top two layers. Once baked, it creates a cohesive crust that might make you stop cooking right then and there because you want to gobble it all up.
- The middle consists of cream cheese, sugar, and cool whip. You can use homemade whipped cream if you plan on serving it right away in lieu of the cool whip, or even better you can make some stabilized whipped cream and it will hold up really well. Be sure to really whip that cream cheese so it’s creamy! The trick with this layer is to be sure your cream cheese is at room temperature when you whip it. Also, you’ll want to spread this layer out entirely over your crust to make a full seal, thus preventing the strawberry layer from getting to the pretzel layer.
- The top layer is a combination of fresh strawberry slices and strawberry jello. They really do compliment each other and anytime I eat jello, I’m immediately transported back to my childhood. The trick with the strawberry gelatin layer is to allow it to cool to the point where it begins to thicken but you can still easily stir in the fresh strawberries.
Dessert recipes with fresh strawberries:
If you like simple and easy strawberry desserts, you’ll have to try making:
- Strawberry Rhubarb Pie
- Classic Strawberry Shortcake
- Old Fashioned Strawberry Ice Cream
- Strawberry Marshmallows
- Strawberry Shortcake Poke Cake
When you are looking for a unique and delicious dessert to bring along to your next BBQ or potluck, look no further than this Strawberry Pretzel Dessert! So easy, delicious and different it will wow your friends and family!
Strawberry Pretzel Dessert
Strawberry Pretzel Dessert is the ultimate summer dessert, especially when you're looking for something sweet to take to potlucks! This tasty treat consists of a sweet pretzel crust, topped by a creamy layer, and finished off with a layer of fresh strawberries set in strawberry jello.
- 2 1/2 cups pretzels crushed by hand
- 3/4 cup butter unsalted, melted
- 3 tbsp granulated sugar
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 cups stabilized whipped cream
- 6 ounces strawberry jello 2 (3 ounce) packages
- 2 cups boiling water
- 3 cups strawberries sliced
Preheat oven to 400°F. Grease or parchment line a 9x13 baking dish.
Stir together crushed pretzels, melted butter and 3 tablespoons granulated sugar. Mix well and press mixture into bottom of prepared 9x13-inch baking dish. Bake 8-10 minutes, until set. Set aside to cool.
In a large mixing bowl cream together cream cheese and white sugar. Fold in stabilized whipped cream. Spread mixture onto fully cooled crust. To avoid a soggy crust, just be sure the creamy layer reaches all edges of the pan. Set in refrigerator for at least 15 minutes.
Dissolve strawberry jello in boiling water. Allow to cool until mixture is about the consistency of egg whites. Stir in sliced strawberries and spread over cream cheese layer. Refrigerate until set.
This post was originally created for Centsless Meals where I’m a contributor and has been updated with more fun facts and tidbits for your reading pleasure.
Are you a Foodie? We have a group that’s just for you!
I invite you to join so you can share your love of food and cooking with other foodies.
We’re building a community one meal at a time!