Fewer things go better together than strawberries and chocolate, which is why these chewy Strawberry Chocolate Chip Cookies are the perfect dessert.
Isn’t it funny that chocolate dipped strawberries represent romance. Have you ever tried eating one in front of someone? They are quite possibly the most unromantic food out there. Think about it. You take a bite and the chocolate breaks into dozens of pieces.
At this point, you’re left with two choices: do I let the chocolate fall or do I try to catch the falling pieces with my mouth. Neither option is ideal. Despite being one of the most awkward treats you can attempt to eat in front of someone, the perfection of chocolate and strawberries together cannot be denied. That is why I especially love these cookies.
For this recipe, I used my no-fail faithless chocolate chip cookie recipe. I found it years ago and have never strayed since. I know from past experience that strawberries are actually a very wet fruit and can drastically change baked goods, so I knew putting fresh strawberries in the mix was out. Freeze dried strawberries were the answer. Not only did they add the full flavor you’d expect from deliciously red ripe strawberries, but it added a wonderful moist chewy factor to the cookie.
The cookies were already dynamite to begin with, but the strawberries made them over-the-top good.
So, if you were considering making a batch of chocolate covered strawberries to impress a loved one this Valentine’s Day, I urge you to consider all things and make these cookies instead!
Strawberry Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup 1 cube butter, softened Coupons
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup semi dark chocolate chips
- 1 cup freeze dried strawberries
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- In small bowl, mix flour, baking soda, and salt.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer with the paddle attached, beat butter, sugar, and vanilla on medium speed until well blended. Beat in egg, mixing well. Add flour mixture, and beat slowly to incorporate, then faster to blend well. Stir in chocolate chips and freeze dried strawberries.
- Drop batter in heaping tablespoons portions about 2 inches apart on parchment lined baking sheets.
- Bake in preheated oven until edges of cookies are brown, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Let cookies cool on pan about 5 minutes, then transfer to cooling racks with a spatula. Serve warm or cool. Store in airtight container, or freeze for longer storage.