This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
If you want a lip smacking cocktail that’s perfect for the winter holidays, mix up an easy to make Pomegranate Whiskey Sour.
Have you ever removed the seeds from a pomegranate? If you ask around, I’m sure you’ll find there are a lot of people who haven’t. You can usually buy a pack of seeds that have already been removed from the fruit, but they cost more and usually don’t taste as fresh. Don’t be skeeered. Its super easy. You just score the peel into quarters by only letting the knife go in about 1/8th of an inch so as to not cut any seeds. Then, fill a big bowl full of water, submerge that beautiful fruit, and rip those quarters apart. You use a bowl of water for two reasons: 1) The vibrant juice won’t get you in the eye and 2) the seeds sink to the bottom and the pith and peel float. Just use your fingers to gently separate the seeds from everything else and you’re good to go.
I really like my huge ice cubes. I bought the big daddy silicon ice cube tray and just love it for my boozy drinks.
This drink turns the most beautiful color pink. Its perfectly sweet and tart at the same time – exactly what you want in a whiskey sour. Go ahead and add some lemon peel for garnish. You know you want to.
And there you have it: one easy to make and delicious cocktail. That’s what Self Proclaimed Foodie fans have been asking for over at my Facebook Page. You ask and I shall deliver!
Watch me make this amazing Pomegranate Whiskey Sour drink in the recipe video below!
Pomegranate Whiskey Sour
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- 4 ounces bourbon whiskey
- 2 ounces lemon juice
- 2 ounces pomegranate simple syrup
- Make simple syrup by heating water and granulated sugar of medium heat until all sugar has dissolved. Remove from heat, add pomegranate seeds, and allow to cool completely. Run through blender and then strain through fine mesh strainer. Discard seed solid and keep the pink syrup.
- To make the cocktail, combine bourbon whiskey, lemon juice, and pomegranate simple syrup in a shaker with ice. Vigorously shake until well combined, about 20 seconds. Strain into a low ball ice with extra large ice cubes.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.
Love festive holiday drink and cocktail recipes?
Then you’ll definitely want to make these tasty liquid concoctions:
- Spiced Apple Prosecco
- St. Germain Sparkler
- Sparkling Cranberry Rosé
- Easy Peppermint Mocha
- Caramel Apple Pie Shot Recipe
- Orange Cranberry Prosecco
- Cranberry Martini
- Cranberry Vodka Screwdriver Drink Recipe
- Maple Bourbon Apple Cider
- Cranberry Fizz
- Pomegranate Vodka Punch
- Pomegranate Cosmopolitan
- Russian Nog
- Slow Cooker Berry Cider