This festive Cranberry Martini holiday cocktail is made from an extra batch of homemade cranberry sauce and paired with vodka.
Super delicious and easy to make! Serve it during your next holiday dinner.
CRANBERRY COCKTAIL RECIPE
I'm totally not a heavy drinker. I know you can't tell considering I make a pretty strong cocktail like my pumpkin pie martini or a stiff blackberry gin fizz every Friday.
The drinks are mostly for my husband, and because I like to find boozy drinks that actually taste good to me. You see, I love a good spicy Bloody Mary, especially when served up along some some classic eggs benedict.
But other drinks take me some getting used to.
How to make this cranberry vodka cocktail:
It turns out I made some fresh cranberry sauce with orange and Grand Marnier, and I just couldn't get enough of that stuff!
I decided to give some Vodka a long cold soak in it to see what would happen. What happened was a really good cocktail emerged.
And that is seriously all you need to make this drink. It's perfect for a crowd!
Don't get me wrong - its strong. But martinis are supposed to be strong, right?
- fresh cranberry sauce (see recipe in notes)
- 750 milliliters vodka ((good-quality))
- Fresh Cranberries and sugar for garnish (optional)
- Follow directions to make fresh cranberry sauce. Allow to fully cool.
- Combine cranberry sauce and vodka in large airtight container. Store in freezer for at least 3 days. Give it a good shake any time you open the freezer.
- Chill 8 martini glasses in the freezer.
- Strain the solids using a fine mesh strainer. To serve, pour the ice cold cranberry vodka into each of the 8 frozen martini glasses. If not immediately serving, store the strained liquid in the freezer until ready to serve, and give it a shake before pouring into glasses.
- If desired, spray fresh cranberries with a bit of water and then roll in sugar. Serve on a skewer over the glass.
This recipe was originally written in November 2014 and was updated in November 2019 for your reading pleasure.
Love festive holiday drink and cocktail recipes?
Then you'll definitely want to make these tasty liquid concoctions:
- Spiced Apple Prosecco
- Cranberry Pear Moscato
- Sparkling Cranberry Rosé
- Caramel Apple Pie Shot Recipe
- Orange Cranberry Prosecco
- Russian Nog
- Cranberry Vodka Screwdriver Drink Recipe
- Maple Bourbon Apple Cider
- Cranberry Fizz
- Pomegranate Vodka Punch
- Pomegranate Cosmopolitan
- Pomegranate Whiskey Sour
- Slow Cooker Berry Cider