This festive Cranberry Martini holiday cocktail is made from an extra batch of homemade cranberry sauce and paired with vodka.
Super delicious and easy to make! Serve it during your next holiday dinner.
Why this recipe works:
This is a delicious and gorgeous festive cocktail that is easy to make!
- This is a great choice for a party or a large dinner since the recipe makes 8 cocktails, but it can easily be scaled down for a single drink.
- It is simply a combination of my homemade fresh cranberry sauce and vodka - that's it!
- When you make cranberry sauce for a holiday dinner, just double the recipe so you have enough for this vibrant red cranberry cocktail!
How to make this recipe:
It turns out I made some fresh cranberry sauce with orange and Grand Marnier, and I just couldn't get enough of that stuff!
I decided to give some Vodka a long cold soak in it to see what would happen. What happened was a really good cocktail emerged.
And that is seriously all you need to make this drink. It's perfect for a crowd!
Don't get me wrong - its strong. But martinis are supposed to be strong, right?
Other festive holiday drink and cocktail recipes:
You'll definitely want to make these tasty liquid concoctions:
- Spiced Apple Prosecco
- Cranberry Pear Moscato
- Sparkling Cranberry Rosé
- Caramel Apple Pie Shot Recipe
- Orange Cranberry Prosecco
- Russian Nog
- Cranberry Vodka Screwdriver Drink Recipe
- Maple Bourbon Apple Cider
- Cranberry Fizz
- Pomegranate Vodka Punch
- Pomegranate Cosmopolitan
- Pomegranate Whiskey Sour
- Slow Cooker Berry Cider
Full Recipe Instructions
- fresh cranberry sauce (see recipe in notes)
- 750 milliliters vodka ((good-quality))
- Fresh Cranberries and sugar for garnish (optional)
- Follow directions to make fresh cranberry sauce. Allow to fully cool.
- Combine cranberry sauce and vodka in large airtight container. Store in freezer for at least 3 days. Give it a good shake any time you open the freezer.
- Chill 8 martini glasses in the freezer.
- Strain the solids using a fine mesh strainer. To serve, pour the ice cold cranberry vodka into each of the 8 frozen martini glasses. If not immediately serving, store the strained liquid in the freezer until ready to serve, and give it a shake before pouring into glasses.
- If desired, spray fresh cranberries with a bit of water and then roll in sugar. Serve on a skewer over the glass.
This recipe was originally written in November 2014 and was updated in November 2019 for your reading pleasure.
So festive and absolutely wonderful!
Truly delicious and festive! Love the cranberry sauce recipe and bonus cocktail!
These are a dream
This is the perfect holiday cocktail! Love that bright red color and fresh cranberries on top. So festive!
I love how you sugared up the cranberry garnishes! It really added an extra unique touch to a wonderful drink.
How much cranberry sauce? All of it???
The. Cranberry sauce froze when put in freezer. I took out and put in fridge
Use the whole sauce recipe for bottle of vodka?
Can I freeze the sauce& if so, how long will it keep? Thank you!
Yep! One whole batch of cranberry sauce and one bottle of vodka. It should last a really long time if kept in the freezer.
Sounds delish! Love, cranberries, vodka, and martini's! How would suggest a breakdown the recipe if I only wanted to make approximately 4 martinis? BTW I halved the Cranberry Sauce recipe to serve this Thanksgiving and can't wait to taste it!
Hi Susan, Sorry for the late reply - I took a few days off for the holiday. You would just need to cut the recipe in half. Hope you liked it!
Liz @ Project Pastry Love
This looks delicious, and beautiful. I'm looking for a cranberry martini recipe for New Years Eve. I'm going to give this one a try! Thank you 🙂
Judy @ ImBoredLetsGo
This sounds fantastic! I love any fruity flavored drink made of vodka 🙂 Last Thanksgiving I used some leftover cranberry sauce in a mojito (and it was really good!)