Make an extra batch of homemade cranberry sauce and pair it with vodka to transform it into a festive Cranberry Martini holiday cocktail.
I’m totally not a heavy drinker. Don’t say it. I know you can’t tell considering I make a pretty strong cocktail like my pumpkin pie martini or a stiff blackberry gin fizz every Friday. The drinks are mostly for my husband, and because I like to find boozey drinks that actually taste good to me. You see, I love a good spicy Bloody Mary, especially when served up along some some classic eggs benedict. But other drinks take me some getting used to.
It turns out I made some fresh cranberry sauce with orange and Grand Marnier, and I just couldn’t get enough of that stuff! I’m going to see how many recipes I can use it in. I decided to give some Vodka a long cold soak in it to see what would happen. What happened was a really good cocktail emerged. Don’t get me wrong – its strong. But martinis are supposed to be strong, right?
- fresh cranberry sauce see recipe in notes
- 750 milliliters vodka (good-quality)
- Fresh Cranberries and sugar for garnish optional
- Follow directions to make fresh cranberry sauce. Allow to fully cool.
- Combine cranberry sauce and vodka in large airtight container. Store in freezer for at least 3 days. Give it a good shake any time you open the freezer.
- Chill 8 martini glasses in the freezer.
- Strain the solids using a fine mesh strainer. To serve, pour the ice cold cranberry vodka into each of the 8 frozen martini glasses. If not immediately serving, store the strained liquid in the freezer until ready to serve, and give it a shake before pouring into glasses.
- If desired, spray fresh cranberries with a bit of water and then roll in sugar. Serve on a skewer over the glass.
Love festive holiday drink and cocktail recipes?
Then you’ll definitely want to make these tasty liquid concoctions:
- Spiced Apple Prosecco
- St. Germain Sparkler
- Sparkling Cranberry Rosé
- Caramel Apple Pie Shot Recipe
- Orange Cranberry Prosecco
- Russian Nog
- Cranberry Vodka Screwdriver Drink Recipe
- Maple Bourbon Apple Cider
- Cranberry Fizz
- Pomegranate Vodka Punch
- Pomegranate Cosmopolitan
- Pomegranate Whiskey Sour
- Slow Cooker Berry Cider