Asian Roasted Broccoli is the most delicious way to serve up fresh broccoli for dinner! This recipe goes great as an easy and healthy side dish.
This is one of my favorite ways to eat broccoli. In fact, I almost always find myself stealing bites off the pan before it even gets served! This is my favorite vegetable to serve with favorites like Baked Teriyaki Salmon or Cashew Chicken.
ASIAN ROASTED BROCCOLI RECIPE
This may sound weird, but I’m totally addicted to this recipe. I just made this version of oven roasted broccoli again the other night and hardly left any for my family.
I’m usually a take-it-or-leave-it kind of girl when it comes to broccoli. BUT, when you coat fresh broccoli with just the right amount of tasty ingredients and it gets roasted to perfection, I dare YOU to just eat a single portion!
Asian roasted broccoli with garlic ingredients:
Although I use a fair amount of ingredients, this recipe is super simple. If you’re like me, you already have the ingredients on hand and only need to get some fresh broccoli.
- Broccoli – Of course. I either buy pre-cut florets in a bag or I buy a head of broccoli and break it up myself. Just make sure it’s completely dry!
- Soy sauce, olive oil, rice vinegar – This combo gives you your salt, fat, and acid all in one delicious combination.
- Chili paste, ginger, garlic – This is where you get your heat and awesome flavor. Feel free to change up the amounts I recommend based on your preferences!
- Sesame seeds and toasted sesame oil – Absolutely necessary for that great flavor.
How to roast broccoli:
Not just how to roast it, but how to roast it with flavor!
If you’re trying to figure out how to cook broccoli without a steamer, this is the absolute best method.
- The first step is to preheat your oven. My go to temperature when I roast veggies is almost always 400 degree F. I also like to line my baking sheet with parchment paper for easy clean up.
- You will get the best results if you coat your broccoli with all of the ingredients (except the garlic, sesame seeds and sesame oil) in a large bowl. This will evenly coat each floret.
- To properly roast broccoli, make sure it is in a single layer on the baking sheet. Pop it in the oven and roast for about 10 minutes, stirring half way through to promote even browning. At this point I will add the remaining ingredients and finish cooking another 5-10 minutes.
- That’s it! Perfection!
Asian Roasted Broccoli
- 1 pound broccoli florets fresh, washed and dried
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon chili paste
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger grated
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon Sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together olive oil, soy sauce, rice vinegar, chili paste, and ginger. Add broccoli and toss to coat. Spread onto single layer on baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 10 minutes, stirring halfway through. Remove from oven and add garlic, sesame seeds and sesame oil. Toss to coat. Continue cooking another 5-10 minutes until edges of broccoli begin to brown and broccoli pieces are tender.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
Love broccoli recipes?
You should give these a try!
- Fresh Broccoli Salad
- Cheesy Ham & Broccoli Tater Tot Casserole
- Roasted Broccoli
- Skillet Beef and Broccoli
- Broccoli Tots
- One Pot Cheesy Chicken Broccoli Rice Casserole
- Roasted Garlic Broccolini
- Easy Broccoli Slaw
- Ultimate Broccoli Cheddar Soup