This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Asian Ramen Noodles are the best Instant Ramen hack. Ditch the spice packet! The noodles we love are transformed into a flavorful and easy side dish recipe.
This simple recipe is a hit with the entire family!
Who didn’t grow up on instant ramen recipes? My guess is that most of us never bothered trying to figure out any instant ramen hacks. It was much easier just to buy the pack for 19¢ and just devour the noodles with the included spice packet.
Now that I’m a grown adult, I’m past the college phase where my entire dinner needs to cost under a buck.
Let me tell you – ramen noodle recipes are my new favorite thing! There are so many delicious possibilities.
I almost consider this recipe a warm ramen noodle salad. If you regularly make any kind of Asian recipes at home, you most likely already have all of the ingredients you need.
- Ramen noodles – of course! I bought mine at Whole Foods, but you can buy the standard pack you bought when you were in college. Just toss the spice packet in the garbage unless you have another use for it.
- Toasted sesame oil – one of my favorite flavor enhancers!
- Minced garlic and ginger – such a great duo. A little goes a long way. Cooking tip: you can buy little cubes of frozen ginger so that you don’t have to watch your fresh ginger dry up into a sad little root after months of neglect.
- Soy sauce and fish sauce – easy to always have these on hand.
- Sesame seeds
- Brown sugar – a little sweet to offset the salt.
- Chili paste – I only add a little, but if you like spicy ramen noodles, just add more!
How to make these tasty noodles:
This is one of the quickest and easiest side dish recipes you’ll find!
- First step is to boil the ramen noodles. This will only take a few minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Using that same pot, you’ll cook the garlic and ginger in the sesame oil for just a couple minutes. Oh, the smells!
- Take that pan off the heat and whisk in the remaining ingredients. Add the cooked noodles and give everything a toss.
- Give it a taste and add a little of this or a little of that, if you want.
- Serve them up warm! Trust me, they will be devoured.
Asian Ramen Noodles
- Boil the Ramen noodles in water (without the seasoning packet) as directed on package. Mine took about 4 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Heat the sesame oil in a small skillet or saucepan over medium heat.
- Cook the garlic and ginger, stirring constantly for 2 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat and whisk in the soy sauce, fish sauce, sesame seeds, brown sugar, and chili paste until combined.
- Toss the noodles with the sauce.
- Garnish with green onions and additional sesame seeds, if desired.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.
Love easy Asian recipes?
You’ll definitely want to make these: