This light and perfectly sweetened Pumpkin Fruit Dip is the quintessential Fall party appetizer or after school snack.
The first time I had fruit dip, not counting peanut butter out of the jar, was when my sister-in-law brought some over to enjoy before Thanksgiving dinner. I was like a drug addict in a dark alley, sneaking around, stealing bites when no one was looking. I was addicted instantly. Before you know it, that marvelous fruit dip was nearly gone before the second round of appetizers were even brought out. Hey – its fruit, right? Totally healthy!
Although the fruit dip she brought over was delicious, it wasn’t really Fall inspired. How do you make a Fall inspired dish? Well you mix in pumpkin and all the right spices, of course. Did I find myself addicted once more? Yes. Am I eating one more apple than I would have otherwise? Yes. See? It all evens out.
The next time you’re not sure what to bring as an appetizer for Thanksgiving or a Fall get together, don’t hesitate to make this pumpkin fruit dip. Its a cinch to mix up and you will turn your friends and family into addicts too. My foodie-in-training kids and I fight over the sliced apples after school when I set this dip out. Its that good.
Watch the recipe video below of me making my favorite Cream Cheese Fruit Dip Recipes!
PUMPKIN FRUIT DIP
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 8 ounces heavy cream
- 1 cup pumpkin puree canned or fresh
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- raw pumpkin seeds for garnish if desired
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, whip heavy cream until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Transfer whipped cream to a separate bowl. In empty stand mixer bowl, beat cream cheese with paddle attachment on medium speed until it is light and fluffy, about 2-3 minutes. Scrape sides. Add heavy cream and repeat until well combined. Scrape sides again.
- In the bowl the whipped cream was in, combine pumpkin puree, brown sugar, and pumpkin pie spice. Stir until thoroughly mixed. Add pumpkin mixture to stand mixing bowl and mix on low to medium speed until well combined. Scrape and mix on more time.
- Serve with sliced fruit for dipping and roughly chopped pumpkin seeds and a dusting of pumpkin pie spice as garnish.
- Recipe can be easily halved, if needed.