These Thanksgiving Turkey Pretzel Treats are super fun and easy to make. The kids will absolutely love them and they actually taste really good too!
Wow. My kids really loved making these. Like me, they’re all about the way things taste. First and foremost, they’ll agree that’s what’s important. But they’re still kids, and if a treat like this can not only taste fantastic but is also super cute? That’s a total WIN in their minds.
These goofy little turkeys were so incredibly easy to make. Each one ended up being slightly different too, which made them even more fun. I made my own candy googly eyes, but you can easily buy some at any cake decorating or craft store. Everything else can be found at the grocery store. Well, you might have to go to Trader Joe’s or amazon for the candy coated sunflower seeds, but they just don’t look like turkeys without them!
How fun would these be to set out at Thanksgiving for your guests to enjoy! I just filled a bowl with rice and they stood right up and stared at me, waiting to have their heads bitten off.
My kids told me that all of their friends thought their lunchbox treat was like the coolest thing they had ever seen. I won the “coolest mom” award that day!
Thanksgiving Turkey Pretzel Treats
- 12 pretzel rods
- 10 ounces Reeces peanut butter chips
- 24 oreo cookies
- 1/2 cup candy corns
- 48 candy googly eyes see recipe link in notes
- 2 tablespoons candy covered sunflower seeds I get them from Trader Joe's
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper to prevent sticking. Break pretzel rods in half.
- Add peanut butter chips to a cup and microwave on 50% power for one minute. Stir, and continue to heat in 30 second increments until its melted. For best results, you want the peanut butter chips to easily spread, but not so hot that it doesn't set rather quickly.
- Dip one side of the oreo in the melted peanut butter chips and arrange candy corns around the outside to look like tail feathers.
- Dip one end of the pretzel rod in the melted peanut butter chips and set on top of the decorated oreo. Support base of pretzel rod with a candy corn, if needed.
- While peanut butter is still warm, press two eyes and two candy coated sunflower seeds into peanut butter to resemble eyes, beak, and waddle.
- Allow to fully set, then enjoy!