Oven baked and perfectly seasoned Potato Wedge Fries are easy to make and are a great appetizer or side for your burger or dog.
I sure do love me some fries. There's something wonderfully delicious about oven roasted fries versus traditional deep fried fries. Don't get me wrong - I love my trans fats (I'm only partially kidding), but if you ask me what my personal favorite is I will tell you its a perfectly seasoned, crisp-on-the-outside soft-on-the-inside oven baked fry.
I traditionally make my oven baked fries thinner and love to add lots of garlic and herbs, but this time I was in the mood for thick cut fries, and I had these perfect organic jumbo sized golden potatoes that were just begging to be cut into wedges and turned into jo-jos. Do you call them jo-jos in your house? I don't even know if that's a real thing, but that's what we call these fries.
Just a bit of oil and the right seasonings are all you need along with a really hot oven and some kind of non-stick surface on your baking sheet.
Nothing goes better with fries than an outstanding burger, and for this particular dinner I made stuffed bacon jalapeno cheddar burgers with homemade potato buns and sauteed corn off the cob. Oh yes - it was a good as it sounds. No need to feel jealous... just make it yourself!
Full Recipe Instructions
Potato Wedge Fries
- 3 large yukon gold potatoes
- 3-4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion dip mix
- salt and pepper (as desired)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Wash and dry potatoes. Cut in half lengthwise and then cut each half into 4-6 wedges, depending on size of potato.
- Use a gallon sized sealable plastic bag to combine olive oil with spices. Add potatoes, seal bag, and squeeze until all wedges are coated with mixture.
- Using a large jelly roll pan covered in a silpat, parchment, or foil to prevent sticking, lay out potato wedges into a single layer. Bake in a preheated oven for 45-50 minutes until soft and slightly brown, turning once after about 30 minutes of cooking time.
I am so happy I had everything on hand to make these! We had them with our burgers last night - SO good! Thank you!
Yum! Tried it and my whole family loved it!
These fries are crispy and easy since they are baked in the oven. The addition of chili powder and paprika is a nice surprise.
OMG I had so many potatoes and was running out of ideas! This was perfect.
I love these as a side dish and these look so good! They look perfectly seasoned too.