Why bother with toppings that slide right off when you can enjoy these delicious grilled Stuffed Bacon Jalapeno Cheddar Burgers with the toppings inside!
I'm pretty sure these were the best burgers I've ever enjoyed. The fact that they were served up on homemade buns sure didn't hurt, but I'm now convinced a stuffed burger is the way to go.
You know I love the combination of bacon and jalapeno and cheese. Its like a magical trio. One bite of my bacon jalapeno mac n cheese and I'm sure you would agree.
One of my gifts last Christmas was this handy dandy little burger press and this was the first time I had actually used it. You see, its one of those few little kitchen gadgets that are less than ten bucks that everyone should have in their kitchen. Not only does it make plain old perfectly shaped patties (something we will take advantage of while camping and on our annual trip to Sunriver), but it also shapes the meat so you can make beautiful stuffed burgers or even small slider patties!
These burgers are simply stuffed with slices of fresh jalapeno (seeds and all), perfectly cooked bacon pieces, and grated sharp cheddar. Don't cheese on the cheese - grate it yourself this time instead of buying the pre-shredded stuff. You won't regret it.
See how perfectly shaped that is? You wouldn't think that perfectly round and flat grass fed beef patty had a spicy salty about-to-be-melty treasure inside, now would you?
And here it is cooked on the bun with some lettuce. Looks rather boring right now, doesn't it? I agree. Oh - wanna know how I cooked it? Normally I use my outdoor grill, but I just bought the most amazing cast iron griddle. Where has that thing been all my life?!? I used some of the leftover bacon grease to coat the griddle and I cooked these burgers up right on the stove. I didn't get a shot of the grill marks, but they were beautiful! I also sliced that bun in half, put a thin layer of bacon grease on both sides, and set those open halves on the hot griddle for a few minutes too. PERFECTION.
If you could see me looking at the picture below, you'd think I look more like Homer Simpson drooling over one of his donuts rather than the average well fed woman that I am. Yum.
[adthrive-in-post-video-player video-id="wvJr5O5R" upload-date="2016-07-07T14:13:03.000Z" name="Self Proclaimed Foodie - How to Cook Bacon Ends and Pieces" description="How to Cook Bacon Ends and Pieces by Self Proclaimed Foodie" player-type="default" override-embed="default"]
Bacon Jalapeno Cheddar Stuffed Burgers
- 1 pound ground beef (grass fed preferred)
- 1 large jalapeno (thinly sliced with seeds)
- ½ cup cooked bacon pieces
- 1-2 ounces cheddar (grated)
- To form perfectly cooked patties, consider using a burger press.
- Preheat grill or griddle to high heat. Divide ground beef equally into three portions. For each portion, take about ⅔ of it and form it into a very flat patty with sides (again, this is super easy if using the burger press). Divide the jalapeno, bacon pieces, and cheese into three equal portions. Add ½ of the toppings to the meat. With the remaining ⅓, form the meat into a thin circle and top patty, sealing all edges. The goal is to have only ground beef on the outside and all of the toppings in the middle.
- Cook over a hot grill or griddle, 5-8 minutes per side, until done. Enjoy!