Nothing says summer quite like corn on the cob, but if you want to enjoy some delicious flavor I much prefer Buttered Herb Sauteed Corn Off the Cob.
This is one of those recipes that I hadn't intended on photographing for the blog. I just happened to be making dinner and quickly realized how freaking good this would taste and I realized it was too delicious not to share.
I think fresh herbs make everything better. Gimme some fresh basil, thyme, or rosemary and I'll make something delicious. I typically make my corn on the cob pure and simple - that is, I just throw the whole thing on the grill, husk and all, and cook it until its done. But, since my daughter has braces, I have to cut it off the cob for her so I figured I'd cut all of it off the cob and throw it in some butter and herbs. Boy was that good.
I served this up alongside some bacon jalapeno stuffed burgers and homemade fries. This probably ranked in my top 5 favorite summer meals!
Full Recipe Instructions
Buttered Herb Sauteed Corn Off the Cob
- 4 ears of corn (kernels removed)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons fresh minced herbs (I used basil, thyme, rosemary and oregano)
- 1-2 cloves garlic (minced)
- Using a cast iron skillet, saute fresh corn kernels in butter over medium high heat until golden brown, about 5 minutes. Add herbs and garlic, stir, and cook for another minute or two.
- Serve hot as a quick and easy side dish!
Such a great side dish; and easy too! Even my picky eaters gobbled this up!
This will be perfect as corn comes into season, thank you
Loved this corn!!! I served it as a side dish but it was so delicious that I could just eat it as a meal! I am thinking it will be great tossed in a salad tomorrow also.
Fresh corn is one of my favorites! I'll have to try this out the next time I head out to a BBQ or a picnic.