Everyone knows fall off the bone wings are one of the best finger licking game day snacks, and these Spicy Ranch Chicken Wings are fantastic.
If there’s one thing that totally grosses me out, its a chicken wing where the skin doesn’t completely melt into the meat. You know exactly what I’m talking about. We’ve all been to a sports bar and ordered wings. You have such high hopes when the land on the table and your first bite not only has one big fatty chunk of skin, but the meat has to be gnawed and pulled from the bone. Disgusting.
I’m happy to say that not only are these wings super easy to make, but they completely dissolve. Its impossible to tell where that spicy crispy skin ends, and the delectable wing meat begins. It slides right off the bone. The spicy from the Tobasco leaves your lips tingling and the flavor of the ranch leaves your taste buds singing.
If you’re getting together with some friends to watch the Superbowl, or in my case the Superbowl commercials, but a TON of these wings, get them soaking overnight, and throw them in the oven to enjoy during the game! If you want a variety of wings, be sure to check out my damn good chicken wings made with my very own dry rub concoction or my chipotle butter beer wings. YUM! If you love the flavor of ranch, be sure to check out these ranch inspired game day recipes here!
Spicy Ranch Chicken Wings
- 4 pounds chicken wings whole or cut into drummettes and wings with tips discarded
- 2/3 cup hot pepper sauce Tobasco
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons ranch seasoning mix
- 1 teaspoon roughly paprika
- Combine wings, Tobasco, melted butter, and cider vinegar in a plastic freezer bag. Squeeze to mix and evenly distribute ingredients. Allow to marinate in refrigerator at least 4 hours to overnight, occasionally squeezing the bag to ensure the chicken is fully coated.
- To cook, heat grill or oven to 350 degrees F. If baking in oven, a grill rack set atop a baking dish is ideal to give the bottom of the wing a nice dry finish, but not necessary if you don't have one. If using just a baking dish without a rack, be sure to grease the baking dish. Arrange chicken in a single layer on grill or baking dish.
- Sprinkle wings with dressing mix and paprika. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 50-60 minutes until the skin starts to crisp and the meat is pulling away from the bone.