Taco Chili with ground beef and tasty seasoning mixes is the best easy recipe you can make in your crockpot, on the stovetop, or in the Instant Pot.
Ground beef, taco seasoning, beer, corn, olives, salsa and black beans all come together for a quick and incredibly satisfying dinner. This chili recipes has all the flavors you love in a good taco, but you'll enjoy the taste as a hearty soup instead!
Why this recipe works:
Taco Chili is one of my family's favorite meals. My kids love it so much, they ask me to make extra so that they can have some packed in their thermos for their school lunch.
What I love about this recipe is that it's pretty much a dump and stir recipe. You really don't even have to measure the ingredients.
The last time I made taco chili, I just eye balled the amount of taco seasoning and salsa I wanted to add. Nothing else required measuring!
How to make this recipe:
There are three ways you can make taco chili: on the stove top, in a slow cooker, or in a pressure cooker (i.e. Instant Pot). I've made this chili recipe all three ways and vary my cooking method based on my mood and on how busy the day is.
- Stovetop: In a heavy bottom dutch oven, brown the ground beef. Once cooked, add the beer and scrape anything that cooked to the surface of the pot. Add the remaining ingredients, stir, and cook until everything is heated through. The longer you let it simmer, the better it will taste.
- Crockpot: In a heavy bottom dutch oven, brown the ground beef. Once cooked, add the beer and scrape anything that cooked to the surface of the pot. Transfer all of that along with the remaining ingredients to the slow cooker, stir, and cook on low for 4-8 hours. Again, the longer you let it simmer, the better it will taste. Using the crockpot is great for game day or when you want to start dinner in the morning and have it ready when you come home.
- Instant Pot: Brown the ground beef on saute mode. Once cooked, add the beer and scrape anything that cooked to the surface of the pot. Add the remaining ingredients, stir, and cook on high pressure for 15 minutes.
Love a good chili? Then you'll love these recipes:
- Game Day Beer Chili
- Skinny White Chicken Chili
- Southwestern Chili
- Pumpkin Beer Chili
- Five Alarm Steak Chili
- One Pot Chili Mac
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1 bottle beer (Corona recommended)
- 1 cup salsa
- 2 cans black beans (drained and rinsed, Trader Joe's Cuban Black Beans recommended)
- 1 can corn (drained (or use 1 cup fresh or frozen corn))
- 1 can black olives (drained)
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- In large skillet over medium high heat, brown ground beef with taco seasoning until meat is slightly browned and crumbly, about 10 minutes. Add mixture to large slow cooker.
- Stir in remaining ingredients. Set slow cooker to low and cook for 4-8 hours.
- Alternatively, meat can be browned in electric pressure cooker, remaining ingredients can be added, and chili can be cooked on high pressure for 15 minutes.
- Garnish with freshly grated sharp cheddar, sour cream, and crushed tortilla chips.