If you love beer, cheese, and the flavor of ranch, then this easy to make chilled BEER CHEESE RANCH DIP should be the game day appetizer you make!
Bottom line: beer really should be incorporated into every game day recipe. I’ll be the first to admit that I love cooking with beer. It is the secret ingredient in my game day chili, but I’ve also used it to make my decadent beer bacon cheddar soup as well as my butter beer chipotle wings. Mercy. Those recipes are all hot. This dip is the first cold recipe I’ve made with beer, and it was good.
Its a simple recipe, which is a bonus if you happen to be drinking large quantities of beer while making the food. You pretty much dump, stir, and serve.
The thickness of this dip depends on how much beer you add, so add some, give it a good stir, and then add some more if you think it needs to be thinned. Thin dip = lotsa beer.
I highly recommend serving this dip with pretzel rods. Beer + cheese + pretzels just go well together. I have no idea why, but they do.
Besides the beer, the secret ingredient that adds all the flavor to this dip is ranch seasoning. Who doesn’t love the flavor of ranch? Name one person! If you love the flavor of ranch, be sure to check out these ranch inspired game day recipes here!
Beer Cheese Dip
- 2 packages 8 ounces each cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons ranch seasoning mix
- 8 ounces about 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup beer amber ale recommended, amount will vary depending on desired thickness of dip
- In the bowl of a stand mixer with the paddle attached, mix cream cheese, seasoning mix, and shredded sharp cheddar on medium speed until well combined, about 2 minutes.
- Add a small amount of the beer and mix on low until combined. Continue to add beer until you've reached desired thickness of dip.
- Dip is best served with crackers, pretzel rods, or fresh veggies.