This sinful but incredibly delicious Loaded Cheesy Pizza Dip is simple to make and is the perfect game day appetizer to feed a hungry crowd!
Have you seen that BuzzFeed Food video that has been floating around social media on how to make pizza dip? I’m a huge sucker for those 30 second recipe videos and I’ve had pizza dip on the brain ever since I saw it. Of course, my goal was to make it even better than their version, and I’m happy to say I succeeded!
Step 1: break in my brand spanking new Cuisinart Food Processor. What an awesome and necessary part of my kitchen this appliance has become. I use it for everything from shredding to chopping to kneading dough.
I love lots of toppings on my pizza. Like lots and lots. The problem is that I usually put so many toppings on my pizza that the dough never properly cooks through because there’s too much moisture. That’s another reason why this pizza dip was so great – I didn’t have to worry about soggy crust! My goal was to chop each ingredient up really small so that it just became part of the dip. Who likes to dig into a hot gooey cheesy dip and have huge chunks of toppings fall off your toasty piece of bread anyway? I also prefer to get chunks of cheese and shred them myself. The preshredded stuff is fine if you’re in a hurry, but it typically costs more per pound and never tastes as good compared to when you grate it yourself.
Here’s how I constructed this wonderful pizza dip. First, you heat up some milk, cream cheese, mozzarella, and parmesan in a saucepan to create the base layer. Then, you layer the mozzarella, spaghetti sauce, more mozzarella, the toppings, and then pepperoni. I always prefer to put my pepperoni on top because I love crispy pepperoni and the veggies taste even better when the fat from the meat melts down into them. You know I’m right.
Pop that baking dish into a very hot oven and watch the whole thing become perfectly melty and gooey good.
I was really afraid that I put too much sauce in, but it all worked out so perfectly. I wouldn’t have changed a thing! Plus, the veggies were chopped up so small that they gave the dip the perfect flavor without making it chunky. YUM!
Loaded Cheesy Pizza Dip
- 2/3 cup milk
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 16 ounces mozzarella shredded and divided
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- 2 cups toppings mushroom, onion, peppers, artichoke hearts, sundried tomatoes, olives, etc., diced
- 4 ounces pepperoni sliced
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Use Cuisinart food processor to shred cheese and dice toppings.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine milk, cream cheese, 1/2 cup of the mozzarella, and the parmesan cheese. Stir frequently until all the cheese has melted. Transfer to a 9x9 inch baking dish.
- Cover with half of the remaining mozzarella cheese.
- Add spaghetti sauce and spread to create an even layer.
- Top with remaining mozzarella cheese.
- Next, add all of the diced toppings. Then, cover with a single layer of pepperoni.
- Cook in preheated oven until hot and bubbly, 15-20 minutes.
- Enjoy with a thinly sliced baguette that has been toasted in the oven with olive oil.
- Can be prepared ahead of time and reheated in the crockpot. This is especially awesome for tailgating!