Elevate your french fries, onion rings, sandwiches, and burgers to a whole new level with this quick and easy Bacon Jalapeno Fry Sauce!
Elevate your fry sauce.
People love fry sauce. I don't exactly know why. Perhaps it's because we get stuck in a rut where we just put the standard fixin's on our burgers or we get bored dipping our fries in plain old ketchup.
Ask anyone - fry sauce makes most things better. Its a proven scientific fact. Know what else people love? Bacon & jalapeno!
- A basic fry sauce recipe is mayonnaise and ketchup. That's it. You can adjust the quantities of each to your liking.
- Wear gloves when you dice the jalapeno if it's spicy. This will prevent burns on your skin and eyes later in the day. Trust me on this one. I prefer to discard the seeds.
- Dice both the cooked bacon and jalapenos super fine. This will allow them to incorporate into the sauce more easily as well as maximize their flavor.
- I normally prefer chewy bacon, but for sauces like this I cook it extra crisp. It just tastes better.
- You can cook bacon ends and pieces on the stove or make oven baked bacon.
Serve it with:
- French fries (of course)
- onion rings
- burgers and sandwiches like my California Club Sandwich
Speaking of burgers, this is actually a burger that is made of 50% grass fed ground meat and 50% ground up applewood smoked bacon. Yes, you read that right. I fed my family beef and bacon burgers for dinner on a white bun with french fries and fry sauce.
Other recipes you'll love:
And if you love the flavors of bacon and jalapeno, be sure to check out my recipes for Egg Salad Sandwiches, Stuffed Bacon Jalapeno Cheddar Burgers, Deviled Eggs, Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Popper Chicken, and Jalapeño Bacon Wrapped Scallops.
Did you make this fry sauce? Be sure to leave me a comment below to let me know what you think!
Full Recipe Instructions
Bacon Jalapeno Fry Sauce
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons bacon (cooked crisp, minced)
- 2 tablespoons jalapeno (fresh, minced)
- Mix all ingredients together and serve immediately. Use as a dip for fries or onion rings or as a spread for sandwiches and burgers.
This post first appeared over at Real Housemoms where I used to be a contributor. It was originally published in January 2017 and has been updated with information and tips to make it even easier! I didn't change the recipe though!
Wow, this definitely sounds the most delicious sauce for dipping fries in, the perfect combination of flavours!
This sauce is EVERYTHING! It's simple and sooo delicious! My family loved it. Will make again come game day for sure.
You got me at bacon! I love the idea of a fry sauce, and this is one of the most flavorful. Thanks for sharing!
Oh wow. This might be the best looking sauce ever! I have to try it.
I just might have to smother this sauce on absolutely everything. SO addictive!!
Do you think this would also work with pickled jalapenos? That's what I always have on hand.