Roasted Green Beans, made with fresh green beans, lemon, olive oil, parmesan, and garlic are oven baked and so tender and delicious!
This recipe is an easy and tasty vegetable side dish that even the green-bean-haters will love.
My husband is a pretty good eater when it comes to veggies, but he's no fan of green beans. That is, until I made them using this recipe.
So many people don't like green beans. My theory is that they were fed canned green beans or overcooked frozen green beans when they were a kid and it ruined them for life.
When you take fresh green beans, like I do in this recipe, and roast them to perfection with a few simple ingredients, the result is tender, chewy, flavorful green beans. So good.
This oven roasted green bean recipe is fantastic for any kind of weeknight dinner but also for holiday dinners like Thanksgiving or Christmas.
Ingredients needed for this recipe:
- fresh green beans
- olive oil
- lemon juice
- fresh garlic
- grated parmesan cheese
How to make this recipe:
Oven roasted green beans are such an easy vegetable side dish recipe.
- First thing to do is preheat the oven, line your baking sheet with parchment paper for easy clean up, and wash and trim your green beans.
- In a large bowl, toss the green beans with the olive oil, lemon juice garlic, salt, and half of the parmesan cheese (photos 1 & 2).
- Lay them in a single layer (photo 3) and start cooking your oven baked green beans.
- After about 10 minutes of cooking, top with the remaining parmesan cheese (photo 4) and continue cooking until golden brown.
Favorite main dish recipes to serve with these green beans:
- Lemon Pepper Chicken
- Air Fryer Chicken Thighs
- Dutch Oven Roasted Chicken
- Pork Tenderloin
- Pork Wellington
- Perfect Prime Rib Roast
- Mouthwatering Filet Mignon
Roasted Green Beans
- 1 pound green beans (fresh, trimmed)
- 1 T olive oil
- 1 T fresh lemon juice (about a half of a lemon)
- 3 cloves garlic (thinly sliced)
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ½ cup parmesan (grated, divided)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, toss green beans in olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, and salt to coat. Add half of the parmesan cheese and toss to evenly distribute.
- Lay green beans on prepared baking sheet and arrange in a flat layer. Roast in preheated oven for 10 minutes, stir, top with remaining parmesan cheese, and continue cooking for about another 10 minutes, depending on desired tenderness.