These Roasted Green Beans are made with fresh green beans, lemon, olive oil, parmesan, and garlic. Oven baked and so tender and delicious! This recipe is an easy and tasty vegetable side dish that even the green-bean-haters will love.
Why this recipe works:
My husband is a pretty good eater when it comes to veggies, but he's no fan of green beans. That is, until I made them using this recipe.
- Super easy to make: When you take fresh green beans, like I do in this recipe, and roast them to perfection with a few simple ingredients, the result is tender, chewy, flavorful green beans. So good. These parmesan green beans only take a few minutes to put together and 20 minutes to roast in the oven.
- Serve any time of year: Every dinner needs a green vegetable on the side. These green beans are fantastic for any kind of weeknight dinner but also make quite the impression during holiday dinners like Thanksgiving or Christmas.
- Amazing flavor: I'll put parmesan and garlic on just about anything, but when you have a green vegetable, a squeeze of fresh lemon will knock your socks off. These tasty green beans not only offer a delicious taste, but fantastic texture.
Ingredients needed for this recipe:
Exact quantities are listed in the recipe card below.
- fresh green beans
- olive oil
- lemon juice
- fresh garlic
- grated parmesan cheese
How to make oven roasted green beans:
Detailed instructions are listed in the recipe card below, but here is a summary.
- Prep: Preheat the oven, line baking sheet with parchment paper for easy clean up, and wash and trim green beans.
- Mix: In a large bowl, toss the green beans with the olive oil, lemon juice garlic, salt, and half of the parmesan cheese.
- Roast: Arranged the green beans in a single layer and cook half way.
- Stir and finish baking: After about 10 minutes of cooking, top with the remaining parmesan cheese and continue cooking until golden brown.
Serve these roasted green beans with:
Favorite main dish recipes to serve with these green beans:
- Lemon Pepper Chicken
- Air Fryer Chicken Thighs
- Dutch Oven Roasted Chicken
- Pork Tenderloin
- Pork Wellington
- Perfect Prime Rib Roast
- Mouthwatering Filet Mignon
If you’ve made this or any other recipe on my site, let me know in the comment section how it turned out. I love hearing from my readers!
Roasted Green Beans
- 1 pound green beans (fresh, trimmed)
- 1 T olive oil
- 1 T fresh lemon juice (about a half of a lemon)
- 3 cloves garlic (thinly sliced)
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ cup parmesan (grated, divided)
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, toss green beans in olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, and salt to coat. Add half of the parmesan cheese and toss to evenly distribute.
- Lay green beans on prepared baking sheet and arrange in a flat layer. Roast in preheated oven for 10 minutes, stir, top with remaining parmesan cheese, and continue cooking for about another 10 minutes, depending on desired tenderness.
This recipe was originally published in October 2019 and has been updated with helpful information as well as recipe tips. Don't worry - the recipe hasn't changed!