This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Hazelnut Chicken Salad served over dressed arugula is an easy single serving recipe made with the best ingredients!
This classic chicken salad is so good! Made with seasoned Foster Farms Bold Bites, Earthbound Farm arugula, and La Tourangelle Hazelnut Oil, this tasty recipe couldn’t be easier to make. Plus, keep reading and you’ll find out about a special $20 off + FREE Delivery on your first Safeway online order!!!
This post was sponsored by Safeway, but all opinions are 100% my own.
EASY CHICKEN SALAD RECIPE
Pin it to your CHICKEN RECIPE BOARD to SAVE it for later!
Follow Self Proclaimed Foodie on Pinterest for more great recipes!
If you were going to make a recipe with Foster Farms Bold Bites, La Tourangelle Hazelnut Oil, and any Earthbound Farm organic greens of your choosing, wouldn’t you make Hazelnut Chicken Salad too? I almost feel guilty sharing this recipe because it was so easy to make. Honestly, it may have been the best chicken salad I’ve ever eaten.
Every good chicken salad recipe needs two things: flavor and crunch. I have to have crunch. The texture, in my opinion, is what sets an outstanding chicken salad apart from an average chicken salad. I like my crunch to come from two sources – vegetables and nuts. The chosen vegetable was green onion. It’s mild but still very flavorful. The crunch came from raw hazelnuts. I knew I wanted to dress my greens in hazelnut oil, so adding hazelnuts to the chicken salad was perfect!
Chicken salad ingredients:
To fully appreciate how easy and delicious this chicken salad recipe was, allow me to tell you about the star ingredients:
- Foster Farms Bold Bites. Chances are you’re very familar with Foster Farms, but you may not have seen their latest innovative product called Bold Bites. I found these at Safeway in the refrigerated lunchmeat section. They have five boldly seasoned different flavors of chicken breast bites, but I chose the chile verde seasoning variety and it was absolutely perfect in the chicken salad. Each package of Bold Bites is a single serving with 15 grams of protein – perfect for a quick and easy chicken salad lunch!
- Earthbound Farm. If you’ve ever been to the grocery store looking for organic greens, you’re already familiar with Earthbound Farm and their high quality produce. They’ve been around for more than three decades. In fact, Earthbound Farm was the first company to successfully launch and market pre-washed packaged salad for retail sale. When they started, people considered “salad” to be iceberg lettuce. Thankfully we’ve come a long way! Earthbound Farm really changed the produce game, making it super easy for consumers like me to bring home washed, organic, ready-to-eat greens. Any of their organic greens would have been great with the chicken salad, but I love the peppery bitterness that arugula brings.
- La Tourangelle. Artisan French techniques, while locally sourcing ingredients and minimally processing, are how small batches of flavor-rich oils are made. La Tourangelle is a family owned company that creates a broad range of oils including Walnut, Avocado, Grapeseed, Sesame, and Hazelnut. These oils can be used on their own, in cooking, or infused into blends. Their oils are handcrafted, expeller-pressed, and all natural. The Hazelnut Oil was used to dress the greens and drizzle over the chicken salad. So delicious!
How to make easy chicken salad:
Simply combine the cooked chicken breast meat, mayonnaise, hazelnuts, parsley and green onions in a bowl. I prefer to have the chicken in small pieces so I use a fork to shred. If desired, you can use greek yogurt in place of mayonnaise. Because the chicken is already seasoned, nothing else is needed!
Chicken salad tastes best with dark leafy greens, and when dressed with a flavorful hazelnut oil and a bit of acid like white balsamic vinegar or lemon juice, the makings of a perfect chicken salad sandwich are about to be consumed. YUM!
Hazelnut Chicken Salad Recipe
Hazelnut Chicken Salad:
- 2.5 ounce Foster Farms Bold Bites Chicken cooked diced chicen breast meat
- 1 tablespoon hazelnuts chopped
- 1 tablespoon parsley minced
- 1 tablespoon green onions sliced
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 slice toast if served open faced, additional toast for sandwich
- additional La Tourangelle Hazelnut Oil to drizzle on top
- To make chicken salad, combine chicken, hazelnuts, parsley, green onions and mayonnaise in medium sized bowl. Use a fork to mix well, breaking up the pieces of chicken.
- To prepare the greens, toss with oil and vinegar.
- To serve, add dressed greens to top of toast and pile on the chicken salad. Drizzle additional hazelnut oil on top. Enjoy!
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.
Love tasty sandwich recipes?
Well then you’ll definitely want to try these: