Healthy fresh Citrus Vinaigrette with orange and lime juice is an easy to make, outstanding homemade dressing perfect for any coleslaw or salad.
Freshly squeezed juice, olive oil, garlic and spices are blended together in this creamy vegan dressing. It is the perfect vinaigrette for a fresh Mexican coleslaw which tastes great next to some homemade tacos!
Oh boy, this was a mighty tasty salad dressing. Well, coleslaw vinaigrette, to be exact.
This recipe came about simply because I had a bunch of shredded vegetables and I needed a dressing. I used only what I had on hand in my refrigerator and pantry and am happy to say that it turned out fantastic.
Homemade salad dressing:
There is nothing quite like a fresh, homemade vinaigrette. Almost every store bought salad dressing has some kind of preservative in it. Plus, I never think they taste as good as something you can make at home.
Because this recipe is made by tossing all of the ingredients in a blender, it is ridiculously easy to make. Unlike hand whisked salad dressings that require you to emulsify the base before adding a thin stream of oil to ensure everything gets mixed properly, the blender creates a vinaigrette that won't separate!
- equal amounts of freshly squeezed lime juice and orange juice
- ground cumin and chili powder
- salt to counter balance the acid from the citrus
- fresh garlic
- olive oil
Citrus Cumin Vinaigrette
- ¼ cup lime juice (freshly squeezed)
- ¼ cup orange juice (freshly squeezed)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt (more if needed)
- ¼ teaspoon chili powder
- 2 cloves garlic (chopped)
- ½ cup olive oil
- To make dressing, combine all ingredients in blender and process until smooth.
This post was originally published in April 2015 and has recently been updated for your reading pleasure.