Pumpkin Pie Cheesecake is the perfect fall dessert. Made from scratch using quality ingredients, it is the best pumpkin cheesecake recipe you’ll find!
PUMPKIN CHEESECAKE RECIPE
Recipes like this pumpkin pie cheesecake really shine when you use high quality ingredients. We all need a slice of the best pumpkin cheesecake now and again, wouldn’t you agree?
Want more pumpkin yum? Try Jennifer’s pumpkin delight!
What makes this the best pumpkin cheesecake:
- Every good homemade pie starts out with an amazing crust. I thought about using a standard pie crust, but decided that pumpkin cheesecake with gingersnap crust sounded better. I’ve made crusts purely out of gingersnap crumbs before and thought it was too sweet, so for this pie I used a combination of gingersnap cookies and graham crackers and of course mixed them with butter.
- And what would pumpkin pie cheesecake be without an amazing filling? Again, good recipes use good ingredients. This easy pumpkin cheesecake uses a combination of cream cheese and sour cream along with my own backyard pasture raised eggs.
How to make pumpkin cheesecake:
- There are just a few tips and tricks to make the best pumpkin cheesecake. Most importantly, be sure the cream cheese is softened to room temperature. I’ve made cheesecakes before where the cream cheese wasn’t soft and it never fully mixed in with the batter. In order to create a smooth and creamy finish, be sure the cream cheese gets whipped perfectly smooth.
- To make the graham cracker and gingersnap crust, use the food processor to grind the cookies to a fine crumb. I find nothing works better than my fingers to spread it out across the base of the pan. Start in the middle and work your way out to the edges so that you can push any excess up the sides. If you really love the crust, you can increase the crust portion of the recipe by 50% to make it thicker.
- Be sure to wrap your pan with heavy duty aluminum foil. Never have I baked something in my spring form pan without it leaking just a bit, so the foil helps keep the oven clean.
- Always serve your pumpkin pie cheesecake with fresh whipped cream. Always.
Perfect Pumpkin Pie Cheesecake
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs about 6 rectangle crackers
- 3/4 cup ginger snap crumbs about 18 small cookies
- 1/2 cup Unsalted Butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 20 ounces Cream Cheese softened
- 15 ounce pumpkin puree
- 3 large eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 cup Sour Cream
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
To make the crust:
- In a medium size bowl, combine crumbs, melted butter, and salt.
- Press into the bottom and up the sides of a 9-inch springform pan. Set aside.
To make the filling:
- Using a hand mixer or stand mixer, beat cream cheese until extremely smooth. Add pumpkin puree, eggs and egg yolk, sour cream, sugars, and pumpkin pie spice. Beat together until well combined.
- Add the flour and the vanilla. Mix until fully combined.
- Pour prepared filling on top of crust. Wrap bottom of pan with heavy duty foil to prevent butter from dripping into your oven.
- Bake in preheated oven for at least an hour. Center should be just slightly jiggly but not liquid. Remove from oven and allow to cool at room temperature for about 15 minutes. Cover tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate a minimum of 4 hours.
- Serve with Whipped Cream.