This fall, your family will love delicious and fluffy Pumpkin Buttermilk Pancakes for breakfast. They’re really easy to make, so you’ll love them too!
We are a pancake loving family. Much like brownies, I used to only make pancakes from a mix. And, to the same point, much like brownies… I had no idea that a from scratch recipe would be just as easy yet taste a million times better. If you’ve never had homemade buttermilk pancakes, then you are truly missing out. The buttermilk makes them so incredibly light and fluffy that it will change the way you think about pancakes.
Adding pumpkin to any recipe just makes it more moist and delicious, which is why these pancakes are downright perfect for fall. They taste oh so good with the fall flavors of pumpkin and cinnamon, but they are also very filling. I love adding some nuts or sweetened pumpkin seeds for that added crunch too!MY OTHER RECIPES
This fall, your family will love delicious and fluffy Pumpkin Buttermilk Pancakes for breakfast. They're really easy to make, so you'll love them too!
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- Sift all dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Whisk together wet ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Pour wet ingredients over dry and stir gently to combine, taking care not to over mix. Batter should be a bit lumpy.
- Using a buttered large griddle over medium low heat, place 1/4 cup dollops of batter and allow to cook for 5-8 minutes per side, until golden brown. Flip and repeat.
- Serve warm with maple syrup and pumpkin spice pumpkin seeds or nuts. YUM!