Taking just minutes to prepare, Two Ingredient Wrapped Kielbasa Bites, made with puff pastry, are the easiest and tastiest party appetizer you’ll find.
Party appetizers are the best, don’t you think? The final three months of the year are always loaded with so many fun events with friends and family. From the costume required Halloween parties to the sweet and savory pumpkin potlucks in October, to Friendsgiving and Thanksgiving dinners in November, all the way through the Ugly Sweater Christmas parties, appetizers are abound.
Each year, its a given that we’re either hosting at least one of these events, or we attend one where its requested that we bring a crowd friendly appetizer. Let me tell you, nothing gets eaten quite faster than warm roasted pieces of delicious kielbasa sausage wrapped in flaky puff pastry dough.
Even I couldn’t resist when I was making this. I made a very poor decision to make them when I was pretty hungry, and the result was me burning the roof of my mouth because I shoved one in my face a few minutes before I should have because I simply couldn’t wait.
Let’s just talk about how easy these are to make for a minute. All you have to do is cut the kielbasa into equal sized pieces. I always welcome math and geometry challenges in the kitchen when I’m cooking. Same thing with the dough, and there’s just something satisfying about cutting puff pastry with a pizza cutter. Call me crazy, but that was my favorite part.
Then you wrap each little piece of meat up with a strip of dough and bake. I don’t even bother with an egg wash. How else could I have called these two ingredient wrapped kielbasa bites, after all?
Serve them up warm with toothpicks for grabbing and a nice stone ground mustard for dipping and I guarantee your guests will call these their favorite appetizer on the table!
Two Ingredient Wrapped Kielbasa Bites
- 1 12 ounce kielbasa
- 1 pre-made puff pastry sheet
- Cut kielbasa into 18 even sized pieces. Start by dividing in half, then each half into thirds, then each chunk into thirds.
- Cut puff pastry into 18 even sized strips. Do this by first rolling out puff pastry to flatten a bit but still maintain the square shape. Then, cut the square into three long strips, then cut each strip into thirds, and finally cut the length of each of those strips in half.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Wrap each piece of kielbasa with a strip of dough. If dough is not sticky enough to seal on its own, you may wet your fingers with water to help it seal. Put each piece, seal side down, on a baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20-22 minutes, until golden brown.
- Serve warm with stone ground mustard. Any remaining appetizers can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator.