Chipotle Aioli is a homemade aioli sauce recipe with a spicy kick. Chipotle peppers, garlic and lemon come together in this flavorful homemade spicy dip.
Chipotle Aioli is fast and easy to make. Made with minced Garlic, Lemon Juice, and Chipotle from adoba, it is an excellent spicy and creamy spread for hamburgers or sandwiches. Dip fries in it and you’ll be in food heaven.
This post may contain affiliate links. That means that I will earn a teeny tiny (seriously, it’s ridiculously small) commission on anything that you buy, at no added cost to you. By supporting me this way, I can deliver more delicious recipes! Read my disclosure policy here.
Pin it to your DIPS & SPREADS BOARD to SAVE it for later!
Follow Self Proclaimed Foodie on Pinterest for more great recipes!
My husband’s most favorite food in the world is a hamburger. We went to Victoria, BC, for a couple nights and both nights we ate at the same burger place because they had one of the most delicious spicy burgers we have ever had. Can you guess what it had on it? Yep, chipotle aioli.
If you’ve never bought a can of chipotle in adobo sauce, you should. Like now. It’ll be in the same part of the store as the refried beans, taco shells, canned salsa.
Most recipes only call for a couple spoonfuls of the stuff, so be prepared to make something like huevos rancheros with the leftovers.
Is Aioli the same as Mayonnaise ?
Not quite, while they are very similar in terms of how you make them, it’s the ingredients in them that distinguishes them from each other. One of the main differences, according to some people, is that Aioli only uses garlic as a seasoning in it, while you can get different flavored mayonnaise. The fact is, is that they are still very similar in the fact that you have to emulsify eggs and oil together to create the aioli sauce or mayonnaise.
Can you make Aioli with mayo?
When I made my Chipotle aioli, I figured I could just throw in some mayonnaise and some spices and call it good. Nope. This is real aioli, from scratch, and it’s probably easier to make than actually scooping mayo out of a jar and mixing it up with something.
What is Aioli sauce used for?
This chipotle aioli sauce can be used for a variety of things. Like I said before, you can slather it onto a burger to make delicious spicy burgers! I slathered a thick layer on my burger and it wasn’t enough so I slathered some more on every bite. YUM. I also dipped my fries in it. Best of all – I made the spicy-burger-and-fries-loving-husband happy. Bonus.
How to make Chipotle Aioli Sauce:
This chipotle aioli honestly only takes a couple minutes to whirl up in the food processor or with an immersion blender. Homemade aioli sauce is so amazingly good you’ll be writing me a hand written letter thanking me for the suggestion.
- You start by placing the egg yolks, lemon juice, minced garlic, sugar, salt, and chipotle in the food processor. You can also use an immersion blender if you’re using a flat bottom container that’s just wide enough to fit the blender. A wide mouth mason jar works really well.
- After pulsing to combine all of the ingredients, slowly pour your oil in.
- Then you will process it again while you pour a slow steady stream of oil until the aioli forms. You will need to scrap the sides and process again until all the ingredients have come together to form the aioli!
Watch the recipe video below of me making four different kinds of homemade aioli!
Chipotle Aioli Recipe
- 2 Egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon Lemon juice about a half a lemon
- 1 teaspoon Garlic finely minced (about 2-3 cloves)
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 Tbs Chipotle in adobo
- 3/4 C Vegetable oil
- Place yolks, lemon juice, garlic, sugar, salt, and chipotle in food processor. Pulse to combine.
- Turn processor on and slowly pour in oil. Process until aioli forms, about a minute. Turn processor off, scrap sides, process again until combined.
- Serve immediately or store in air tight container in refrigerator until ready to use. Makes approximately one cup.
Are you a Foodie? We have a group that’s just for you!
I invite you to join so you can share your love of food and cooking with other foodies.
We’re building a community one meal at a time!