My convert-foodie’s most favorite food in the world is a hamburger. We went to Victoria, BC, last year for our wedding anniversary and both nights we ate at the same burger place because they had one of the most delicious spicy burgers we have ever had. We recently had one here in town that was just as good. Can you guess what it had on it? Yep, chipotle aioli. I wanted to make myself a batch of chipotle aioli. I had no idea how. Figured it involved buying a jar of mayo and throwing some spices in. Nope. This is real aioli, from scratch, and its probably easier to make than actually scooping mayo out of a jar and mixing it up with something. If you’ve never bought a can of chipotle in adobo sauce, you should. Like now. It’ll be in the same part of the store as the refried beans, taco shells, canned salsa. You get the idea. Most recipes only call for a couple spoonfuls of the stuff, so be prepared to make something like huevos rancheros with the leftovers.
This chipotle aioli honestly only takes a couple minutes to whirl up in the food processor and is so amazingly good you’ll be writing me a hand written letter thanking me for the suggestion. I slathered a thick layer on my burger and it wasn’t enough so I slathered some more on every bite. YUM. I also dipped my fries in it. YUM. Best of all – I made the spicy-burger-and-fries-loving-husband happy. Bonus.
Chipotle Aioli is fast and easy to make. It is an excellent spicy and creamy spread for hamburgers or sandwiches. Dip fries and you'll be in food heaven.
- 2 Egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon Lemon juice (about a half a lemon)
- 1 teaspoon Garlic, finely minced (about 2-3 cloves)
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 Tbs Chipotle in adobo
- 3/4 C Vegetable oil
- Place yolks, lemon juice, garlic, sugar, salt, and chipotle in food processor. Pulse to combine.
- Turn processor on and slowly pour in oil. Process until aioli forms, about a minute. Turn processor off, scrap sides, process again until combined.
- Serve immediately or store in air tight container in refrigerator until ready to use. Makes approximately one cup.