Instant Pot Smothered Pork Chops are a quick and easy dinner option that your family will love.
Super moist bone-in pork chops are seared and then pressure cooked to perfection. A quick and easy creamy mushroom gravy comes together at the end to add even more flavor and moisture to the pork chops!
This post may contain affiliate links. That means that I will earn a teeny tiny (seriously, it’s ridiculously small) commission on anything that you buy, at no added cost to you. By supporting me this way, I can deliver more delicious recipes! Read my disclosure policy here.
MY OTHER RECIPES
INSTANT POT SMOTHERED PORK CHOPS
Pin it to your INSTANT POT RECIPE BOARD to SAVE it for later!
Follow Self Proclaimed Foodie on Pinterest for more great recipes!
Instant Pot Smothered Pork Chops are a great option if you’re looking for delicious pressure cooker recipes. If you’re a fan of pork chops, I’ll post my favorite pork chop recipes below. Likewise, if you love cooking dinner in the Instant Pot, I’ll post some of my favorites below too.
How do you make gravy for pork chops?
The best part about making smothered pork chops is that the gravy is part of the meal! Not only sauce the sauce keep the pork extra moist, but you can continue to smother it after it’s plated.
For this particular recipe, my gravy is a mixture of onion, chicken broth, cream of mushroom soup, and sour cream. I am quite particular with the type of cream of mushroom soup that I use and love the kind Trader Joe’s offers.
Great side dish suggestions to go with smothered pork chops:
- I’m a big fan of mashed potatoes. Two of my favorite mashed potato recipes are my Gorgonzola Celery Root Mashed Potatoes and my Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes.
- Prefer sweet potatoes instead? You might want to try making my Mashed Sweet Potatoes recipe.
- You can’t go wrong with a perfectly cooked baked potato. Like, ever. You’ll never make them any other way once you make my Pressure Cooker (Instant Pot) Baked Potatoes.
- You always need some kind of green veggie on your dinner plate! Here are some of my favorite options: Bacon Wrapped Asparagus, Perfect Garlic Sauteed Asparagus, Wilted Garlic Spinach, and Roasted Brussels Sprouts Salad.
Pork chop recipe ideas:
- Grilled Pork Chops with Balsamic Butter Sauce
- Stuffed Pork Chops
- Salt and Pepper Pork Chops
- Pork Fried Rice (I used pork tenderloin but have made it many times using pork chops)
Quick and easy pressure cooker dinner recipes:
- Pressure Cooker (Instant Pot) Corned Beef and Cabbage
- Pressure Cooker Beef Stroganoff
- Pressure Cooker Asparagus Soup
- Pressure Cooker Potato Leek Soup
- Pressure Cooker Shoyu Chicken
- Instant Pot Barbacoa Quesadillas
Instant Pot Smothered Pork Chops
Instant Pot Smothered Pork Chops are a quick and easy dinner option that your family will love. Super moist bone-in pork chops are seared and then pressure cooked to perfection. A quick and easy creamy mushroom gravy comes together at the end to add even more flavor and moisture to the pork chops!
- 2 pork chops bone in
- salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 11 ounces cream of mushroom
- 1/2 cup sour cream
Rinse and pat dry pork chops. Add salt and pepper to both sides.
Set pressure cooker to saute or browning setting. Add olive oil to cooking pot. When hot, add pork chops and allow to sear for a couple minutes on both sides. Remove pork chops, transfer to plate, add rack to pressure cooker. Add onions, chicken broth, and pork chops along with any juices back to cooking pot. Seal lid and cook on high pressure for 8 minutes. Allow pressure to naturally release for about 10 minutes and then quick release remaining pressure.
Remove cooked pork chops and transfer to a clean plate. Add cream of mushroom and sour cream to cooking pot and stir to combine and heat through. Serve pork chops with warm mushroom gravy.
Are you a Foodie? We have a group that’s just for you!
I invite you to join so you can share your love of food and cooking with other foodies.
We’re building a community one meal at a time!