This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Stuffed Pork Chops with bone in pork chops, spinach, mushrooms, and provolone make for a moist and delicious weeknight family dinner.
I made these stuffed pork chops for no other reason than they sounded really good. That, and the fact that I had spinach and mushrooms in the fridge that had to be used up. But that is pretty typical of my meal planning. I buy a ton of stuff with high hopes of so many amazing meals, drinks and desserts that I want to make, then I run out of time and resort back to some good old fashioned family friendly comfort food. The two main things I loved about these pork chops were that the moisture from the spinach and mushrooms kept the meat super moist, and no one likes dry pork. Second, I finally found a use for the provolone that had been sitting my my refrigerator for longer than I care to mention in this post. You see, I think provolone is stinky and kind of gross when its cold. But it melts oh so good and really went perfectly with these chops. I also like to cook with bone in because, well, without the bone its not really a chop, is pork loin, right? I dunno. I’m rambling now because I’m hungry and staring at these stuffed chops ain’t doing me any favors, so I’m gonna go make some lunch, mmmkay? Enjoy!
Stuffed Pork Chops
- In a large saute pan, melt butter over medium high heat. Add mushrooms and shallot and cook until golden brown, only stirring a few times to evenly cook, about 5 minutes.
- Add spinach, stir, and cover with lid. Reduce heat to low and cook until spinach is completely wilted, about 3-4 minutes. Remove from pan and allow mixture to cool.
- On the meaty side of each chop, slice through the middle of the meat to the bone to create a pocket. Add your sliced provolone to the inside of the chop. Divide the spinach mixture evenly between the four chops and stuff them. Hold opening together with toothpicks, if needed.
- Add salt and pepper to the outside of your chops.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Using an oven safe skillet, heat olive oil over high heat. When the oil is hot, cook the pork chops until lightly golden brown, about 2 minutes. Flip the chops and transfer the pan to the oven to finish cooking. Cook until the internal temperature of the meat reaches 155 degrees F, about 15 minutes.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.