Cranberry Brie Bites are an easy three-ingredient appetizer that are perfect for holiday parties.
Warm and delicious - everyone will love them! This time of year is all about holiday togetherness, and to me that means spending time with friends and family and enjoying fantastic food, drink, music, and memories. This, along with Cranberry Fruit Dip and Caramelized Onion Baked Brie en Croûte, is one of my favorite holiday appetizers!
Cranberry Brie Bites might just be the best appetizer recipe out there. Three simple ingredients, including cranberry sauce which is best made from fresh cranberries, double cream brie, and buttery crescent roll dough, make this two-bite appetizer a tasty treat that everyone will love.
But what good is tasty food at a holiday gathering if you don't have the perfect drinks to serve with it? When I think of holiday entertaining, I always think of delicious appetizers and things like hot apple cider, spiked eggnog, and various cocktails.
If you're looking for an easy appetizer to share this holiday season, these Cranberry Brie Bites are a great choice. It's always fun to try new and share traditional ways of experiencing the holidays this season.
I had such a great time hosting our first annual holiday party in our new home this year.
Full Recipe Instructions
Cranberry Brie Bites
- 8 ounces crescent roll dough
- 4 ounces brie
- ½ cup cranberry sauce (see link on how to make your own in recipe notes!)
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Prepare a large baking sheet by lining with parchment or a silicone mat.
- Roll out cresent roll dough into a single sheet, ensuring all seams have been pinched together for a tight seal, into a shape that is about 12" long and 8" wide. Cut dough into 24 equal sized squares using a 6x4 grid.
- To prepare bites, add a small cube of brie (about one cubic centimeter in size) and a small scoop of cranberry sauce (about ½ teaspoon) to the center of each square of dough. Bring opposite corners of the dough to the center and pinch in the middle.
- Bake in preheated oven for 11-13 minutes, or until golden brown. The cheese may melt out of some, but you can easily scoop it back in when the appetizers or hot, or serve as is. They will be eaten either way!
Can I use like a fig.preserve or onion instead of cranberry?
can you freeze these??
Delicious! Any tips on best way to store them if I make them same day but won’t be serving them for a few hours? Do they need to be refrigerated?
They're definitely best if served immediately but you can make them earlier in the day and I think they'd be fine without refrigeration for a few hours. Any longer I would refrigerate and then reheat to take the chill out before serving.
Will using Puff pastry work as well?
Can these be made with pre-made pie crust?
They can, but you won't get as many light and tender layers.
Can I make these in the morning and bake that afternoon?
That should work!
Can these be made in paper muffin cups in a mini tin?
Do you cut the rind off the brie?
That's a matter of preference, so it's up to you!
Can this be made the day before?
I think these are best on the day of.
"1. Preheat oven to 3750 F."
Whoa!!! my oven doesn't go that high! Are we supposed to bake this in the middle of the Sun??? 😉
hahaha. Fixing now. Hopefully you deduced that I meant to type 375oF but I'll go ahead and just delete the "0".
This looks like the perfect holiday party appetizer! I love how pretty the water looks in those green bottles too 🙂
Quick and easy finger food recipe perfect for fall! Looks delish!
Adding these to the list of things to make when I have a quick holiday appetizer emergency - which is destined to happen in the next couple months!
Can these be made in a mini muffin tin?
Yes. I've done that before but spray them well so they don't stick.
Brie and cranberries work so well together and even better in pastry. These look like great easy little bites perfect for parties.
Cranberry brie bites are the perfect combination for an appetizer at the holiday!!! Love it!
Made these for a party last weekend and they were a big hit! Thanks for the easy recipe!!
These are going to be my go-to appetizers this holiday season. Just perfect! Thanks for sharing!!
I made these for Christmas and my kids (one of which is a very picky eater) and it was such a huge hit for everyone!!! Thanks!