These Bacon Blue Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms are an incredibly rich and decadent appetizer that are the perfect party finger food everyone will love.
I love love love sauteed mushrooms.
A lot of stuffed mushrooms tell you to discard the stems. Why on earth would you get rid of half the mushroom when you can saute them up with garlic in a bit of bacon grease? Why? Why? It makes no sense to me. Once cooked to a golden brown, they are the perfect addition to the cheese mixture.
I tell you, once you blend up the cheeses with the mushrooms, garlic, fresh chives, and crisp cooked bacon, you're gonna want to dive right in with a spoon. But do the right thing - stuff the mushrooms and cook them to melted perfection.
You'll know they're done when the cheese starts to melt and the tops just start to turn golden brown. Set these out at any party and you'll be the hit of the crowd! I mean, who doesn't like blue cheese and bacon?
Have I convinced you to make these?
Bacon Blue Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms
- 8 ounces bacon
- 24 large button mushrooms
- 4 cloves of garlic (minced)
- 5 ounces blue cheese (room temperature)
- 8 ounces cream cheese (room temperature)
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives (minced)
- Cut bacon into small pieces and cook in heavy bottom dutch oven or pan over medium high heat until crisp. Transfer cooked bacon to a paper towel lined plate to drain. Discard all oil from pan except for the last remaining tablespoon.
- Clean any dirt off mushrooms with a dry brush. Slice the very bottom of the stem off and discard. Gently press the remaining part of the stalk until it snaps away from the cap. Set aside, and then chop up all of the stems while leaving the caps whole.
- Cook chopped stems over medium heat in the remaining bacon fat for 3-5 minutes, then add garlic and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Combine cooked stems and garlic with blue cheese, cream cheese, chives, and cooked bacon in a bowl.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Fill each mushroom cap with a small spoonful of cheese mixture. Do not overfill. Cook in preheated oven for 20 minutes, or until you see the cheese start to melt. Serve warm and garnish with additional chives.