Avocado Deviled Eggs are a healthy spin on classic deviled eggs. Great for parties or a protein filled keto-friendly snack - you'll love them!
Why this recipe works:
Avocado Deviled Eggs are the kind of snack or two bite appetizer that people go crazy for.
I'm no stranger to deviled eggs, but I can tell you I like to mix it up and create all kinds of different deviled egg recipes. I've made them with bacon and jalapeno (of course), Peperoncini, Sriracha, and green chile.
- These are no more difficult to make than a basic deviled egg
- Fresh or pre-package avocado can be used
- The yolk portion is extra creamy because of the avocado
How to make perfect easy peel hard boiled eggs:
- For full details, go to this post: how to hard boil an egg.
- I use the the pressure cooker, or Instant Pot, to cook my hard boiled eggs. One cup of water and 12+ eggs in a single layer on the rack. 5 minutes on low pressure, turn it off and let it sit in the Instant Pot for 5 minutes, then straight into an ice bath for five minutes!
- The eggs will be incredibly easy to peel no matter how fresh they are.
How to make these avocado deviled eggs:
- Hard boil, peel, and slice the eggs lengthwise. Carefully transfer the cooked yolks to a bowl.
- Mash the yolks and thoroughly combine with avocado and mayonnaise. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Let's talk presentation, shall we? There are a lot of ways to get your yolk mixture back into the egg white. You can simply use a spoon, but I tend to go for a prettier look. My preference is to transfer it to a ziplock bag and snip off the corner, or if I want to be extra fancy, I fill a piping bag with a star tip.
- Since these have avocado, I highly recommend serving them immediately as the avocado browns as it oxidizes. If you need to prepare these ahead of time, you can hard boil and peel the eggs but hold off on mixing until you're about ready to serve. Alternatively, you can prepare the filling and it shouldn't brown as long as it is stored in an air tight piping or plastic bag.
- I highly recommend serving them on a deviled egg platter. If you've never made deviled eggs before, they're slippery little things and the platter keeps them looking beautiful.
- Finally, all good food deserves a nice garnish. These taste great with cooked bacon crumbles or minced chives.
Full Recipe Instructions
Avocado Deviled Eggs
- 12 eggs (hard boiled and peeled)
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1 ripe avocado (pit and skin removed)
- salt and pepper to taste
- chives for garnish (optional)
- Slice hard boiled eggs lenghwise. Remove yolks and add to bowl.
- Combine mayonnaise, mustard, and avocado with egg yolks. Use a stand mixer with the paddle attachment to whip or even a fork will due. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Spoon or pipe yolk mixture back into the egg whites. Garnish with chives, if desired. Serve cold.
Love avocado recipes? Then you'll certainly love these tasty options:
Okay, I LOVE deviled eggs, and I might just love avocado even more. So this is amazing for me. Thank you. 🙂
These are so great Krissy. These are my go to keto eats. So great made ahead and kept in the fridge for something healthy when the hunger strikes,
I love how you added avocado in these! Deviled eggs are such a great snack to have. These look so delicious!
I am a huge fan of deviled eggs & avocados so this is a match made in Heaven for me!!
These do sound amazing! This will be a hit with my family, I think I will try with bacon, as you mentioned!
Mmmmmmm.... I am just imagining this!. maybe a bit of lemon juice would be nice? it would stop avocado from browning