Flavorful Pepperoncini Deviled Eggs are the perfect bite sized appetizer that everyone will love. The flavor and texture will have them flying off the tray!
Why this recipe works:
Deviled eggs are always a popular snack or appetizer recipe, especially at parties. Adding pepperoncinis not only adds great pickled flavor, but some much needed texture to an otherwise plain deviled egg.
- Not only do these incorporate the brine into the egg yolk mixture, but each deviled egg is topped with a slice or two of peperoncini. This ensures that fantastic pickled pepper flavor is in every bite.
- I serve the deviled eggs with the remaining peperoncini peppers so that everyone could take as much as they want.
- pepperoncinis plus some of the liquid from the jar
Here's how to make them:
- Every good deviled egg recipe must start with hard boiled eggs.
- Slice each egg lengthwise and place yolks in a bowl. Mash them until they are perfectly smooth with the mayonnaise, mustard, pepperoncini liquid, and salt. Give it a taste and add more salt and/or liquid if needed.
- Pipe the filling back into the egg whites and top with pieces of the peppers.
Bottom line - there's nothing earth shattering about this recipe. It's nearly a standard deviled egg recipe. The only difference is that the addition of peperoncini took it from basic to crave worthy. YUM!
Peperoncini Deviled Eggs
- 6 eggs
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon liquid from Peperoncini jar
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- Garnish and serve with additional Pepperoncinis
- dust with smoked paprika
- Place eggs in large pot and cover with enough water so that there is about an inch of water above them. Bring to boil over high heat. Allow to boil for only a minute, then cover, remove from heat, and allow to sit in hot water for 15 minutes. Carefully drain and immediately transfer to ice bath. Once eggs have fully cooled, peel and rinse them.
- Slice each egg in half lengthwise and carefully remove yolk by adding it to a small bowl. For a prettier presentation, you may rinse the egg white halves, taking care to not tear them, and then pat dry.
- Smash the egg yolks together and combine with mayonnaise, Peperoncini liquid, yellow mustard, and salt until smooth.
- Spoon or pipe yolk filling into each cooked egg white half. Top with desired amount of Peperoncini slices, and dust with a bit of smoked paprika.
This recipe was originally published in May 2018 and has been updated with helpful information, ingredient and process photos, as well as recipe tips. Don't worry - the recipe hasn't changed!