Perfect Chocolate Zucchini Bread puts all that garden zucchini to great use!
This double chocolate zucchini bread is super moist and perfectly sweet. Sour cream and a ton of freshly grated zucchini make this homemade quickbread so moist and delicious that a tall glass of cold milk is completely optional!
CHOCOLATE ZUCCHINI BREAD
Pin it to your BAKING BOARD to SAVE it for later!
Follow Self Proclaimed Foodie on Pinterest for more great recipes!
Perfect Chocolate Zucchini Bread is perfect because it’s a great way to use up that garden zucchini, it’s not only an easy recipe to make but it’s pretty fail proof, and there isn’t a single person in your house who won’t love it.
I know it feels like the end of summer. Most kids have gone back to school. All things apple and pumpkin are starting to fill our minds. But I have a garden that is still producing zucchini and if I don’t pick them daily, they grow out of control. Homemade zucchini bread is a treat that everyone loves, and double chocolate zucchini bread is absolutely the best!
Why is this double chocolate zucchini bread?
I put both cocoa powder in the batter as well as chocolate chips. The cocoa powder makes the zuchini bread taste like chocolate cake and the chocolate chips give it that extra chocolate taste that everyone loves.
I can’t decide whether I prefer to eat this homemade chocolate zucchini bread warm so that the chocolate chips or melted or cold so that they chocolate chips are hard. Either way, it’s so good.
How to freeze chocolate zucchini bread:
- You must make sure your loaves are completely cool before you freeze them. If you try to freeze a loaf that is still warm, it will release moisture as it cools and will get quite yucky once wrapped up. I prefer to cool my chocolate zucchini bread loaves on a cooling rack because if you leave them in the loaf pans, they’ll sweat as they cool and get soggy.
- I’m sure everyone has their own preferred freezing method, but I prefer to wrap them tightly in plastic wrap and then in foil. I find that the plastic wrap keeps them air tight and the foil adds another layer of thermal protection. Plus, it’s easy to write the words “chocolate zucchini bread” on the foil with a sharpie.
- To thaw frozen chocolate zucchini bread, you can either keep it in the refrigerator for a few days or you can set it out at room temperature and it should be thawed within a few hours.
Love recipes like this homemade double chocolate zucchini bread? Be sure to check out these other quickbread recipes:
- Carrot Cake Banana Bread
- Sour Cream Banana Nut Bread
- Triple Chocolate Banana Bread
- Raspberry Banana Bread
- Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- Chocolate Tahini Banana Bread
- Cheddar Zucchini Bread with Jalapeno Honey Butter
- Cinnamon Zucchini Bread
- Mexican Chocolate Summer Squash Bread
Perfect Chocolate Zucchini Bread
- 3 eggs slightly beaten
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 cups zucchini grated
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips semi sweet or dark
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Heavily grease or parchment line two 9x5 loaf pans or 4 mini loaf pans.
- In large bowl, combine eggs, sugar, oil, sour cream, grated zucchini, and vanilla. Mix well.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt. Add to the liquid ingredients and stir to combine. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into prepared pans. Bake in preheated oven for 60-70 minutes for large loaves or 45-50 minutes for mini loaves. Insert a toothpick or cake tester into the middle of a loaf to check for doneness before removing from oven.
- Remove from pans and allow loaves to cool on wire rack.