This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Cheddar Zucchini Bread with Jalapeno Honey Butter made with freshly grated zucchini is a delicious no-added sugar quickbread. Talk about a tasty sweet and savory summer quick bread!
This post was sponsored by Organic Valley.
I decided to make this bread for a few reasons:
- Being inspired by the farm experience, you can’t celebrate a gorgeous summer day better than taking gorgeous zucchini from your own garden or from the local farmers market. Since we just moved into our new property a couple months ago, my garden won’t happen until next year, so the farmers market is where I got mine. Oh, how I love supporting my local farmers. The honey was also harvested from local farmers!
- We’re trying really hard to stay away from processed sugar. I know I share a ton of dessert recipes on my blog, but I love to incorporate my share of wholesome recipes too, and this bread doesn’t have any added processed sugar.
- Does it get much better than having rich creamy butter in and on the bread? That’s double delicious. The grass milk raw cheddar was an amazing addition as well.
The bread is a slightly sweet, slightly savory, perfectly moist treat.
But what would bread be without butter?
I took some of this delicious creamy butter and blended it up with fresh, minced jalapeno and a hefty drizzle of honey and a sprinkle of flaked sea salt. Oh yes.
I found myself craving this bread, and I enjoyed every piece until both loaves were gone. Yes, I shared it with my family, but I watched them like a hawk to ensure I got my fair portion. It was that good!
Cheddar Zucchini Bread with Jalapeno Honey Butter
Cheddar Zucchini Bread:
Jalapeño Honey Butter:
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter softened
- 2 tablespoons diced jalapeño about half of a pepper, add more or less or to taste
- 2 tablespoons raw honey
- Top with flaked sea salt and an additional drizzle of honey if desired
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Grease two 8 x 4-inch loaf pans with butter and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. In a separate bowl, combine melted butter with honey and stir to combine. Once butter mixture has cooled, whisk in eggs. Stir just until moistened.
- Add grated zucchini and cheddar cheese and fold into mixture. Batter will be so thick that you may have to use your hands to incorporate. Try not to over mix.
- Divide batter between prepared pans and bake in preheated 400°F oven for 5 minutes and then reduce heat to 350°F to continue cooking for an additional 40 to 50 minutes or until loaves are lightly browned and toothpick inserted in center of loaves comes out clean. Let cool in pan on rack for 5 minutes.
- While bread is cooking, make Jalapeño Honey Butter. In a small bowl, cream together softened butter, jalapeño, and honey. Some liquid may separate from the jalapenos. You can drain off before serving or leave in.
- Slice and serve warm with Jalapeno Honey Butter, a pinch of sea salt flakes, and an additional drizzle of honey, if desired.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.