Cheddar Zucchini Bread with Jalapeno Honey Butter made with freshly grated zucchini is a delicious no-added sugar quickbread. Talk about a tasty sweet and savory summer quick bread!
This post was sponsored by Organic Valley.
I decided to make this bread for a few reasons:
- Being inspired by the farm experience, you can't celebrate a gorgeous summer day better than taking gorgeous zucchini from your own garden or from the local farmers market. Since we just moved into our new property a couple months ago, my garden won't happen until next year, so the farmers market is where I got mine. Oh, how I love supporting my local farmers. The honey was also harvested from local farmers!
- We're trying really hard to stay away from processed sugar. I know I share a ton of dessert recipes on my blog, but I love to incorporate my share of wholesome recipes too, and this bread doesn't have any added processed sugar.
- Does it get much better than having rich creamy butter in and on the bread? That's double delicious. The grass milk raw cheddar was an amazing addition as well.
The bread is a slightly sweet, slightly savory, perfectly moist treat.
But what would bread be without butter?
I took some of this delicious creamy butter and blended it up with fresh, minced jalapeno and a hefty drizzle of honey and a sprinkle of flaked sea salt. Oh yes.
I found myself craving this bread, and I enjoyed every piece until both loaves were gone. Yes, I shared it with my family, but I watched them like a hawk to ensure I got my fair portion. It was that good!
Full Recipe Instructions
Cheddar Zucchini Bread with Jalapeno Honey Butter
Cheddar Zucchini Bread:
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup unsalted butter (melted and cooled)
- ½ cup raw honey
- 2 eggs
- 4 cups zucchini (grated (about 1 pound or 3 medium sized, ends removed))
- 8 ounces raw cheddar cheese (shredded)
Jalapeño Honey Butter:
- ½ cup unsalted butter (softened)
- 2 tablespoons diced jalapeño (about half of a pepper, add more or less or to taste)
- 2 tablespoons raw honey
- Top with flaked sea salt and an additional drizzle of honey (if desired)
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Grease two 8 x 4-inch loaf pans with butter and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. In a separate bowl, combine melted butter with honey and stir to combine. Once butter mixture has cooled, whisk in eggs. Stir just until moistened.
- Add grated zucchini and cheddar cheese and fold into mixture. Batter will be so thick that you may have to use your hands to incorporate. Try not to over mix.
- Divide batter between prepared pans and bake in preheated 400°F oven for 5 minutes and then reduce heat to 350°F to continue cooking for an additional 40 to 50 minutes or until loaves are lightly browned and toothpick inserted in center of loaves comes out clean. Let cool in pan on rack for 5 minutes.
- While bread is cooking, make Jalapeño Honey Butter. In a small bowl, cream together softened butter, jalapeño, and honey. Some liquid may separate from the jalapenos. You can drain off before serving or leave in.
- Slice and serve warm with Jalapeno Honey Butter, a pinch of sea salt flakes, and an additional drizzle of honey, if desired.
Can you use jarred jalapeños for the butter instead? I’d love to make this butter.. made the bread already it’s amazing!! But I can’t find any fresh jalapeños near me! I’ve tried 2 stores so far and gave up. I have jarred ones tho!
You can use jarred jalapenos. They'll offer a nice spice but won't give you the same fresh taste as a fresh jalapeno. It would work though!
Very good, but just a little bland. Next time i will add some seasonings. Garlic, salt, black pepper, maybe just a touch of cayenne.
For the life of me, I can't get this recipe to work. Even tried wringing out the zucchini. It just won't set. If anyone has any suggestions, that would be appreciated.
What exactly isn't working? Is it not setting in the middle?
I’m having the same issue , I’m putting it back in for 10 min ?
This flavor of zucchini bread was amazing! Perfectly savory with a little kick. And the texture was nice and fluffy. Will be making this again!
I'm going to receive some lovely zucchini in my farm box next week. I'm going to make this bread with them. 🙂
Wow! This bread is so good, and that butter is amazing. It's has such great flavor and is so different than other honey butters I've made.
Love the variety of flavors with the jalapeno and the honey and not to mention cheese. YUM!!
Yum - this didn't last long around my house! The Jalapeño butter was the bomb!
Cheese, bread and butter? This checks off all the boxes on my list, making this asap!
Oh this was so delicious, I made this as a side to soup and it was finger-lickin delicious. Making seconds as soon as I get my hands on more zucchini:)
This zucchini bread looks fantastic. On my next trip to the supermarket, I will get some zucchinis and some of that butter too. Thanks for sharing.
I love zucchini bread and haven't been able to find the perfect recipe until this! I made it and the whole family enjoyed it very much. Thanks for such a great recipe!
What a delicious loaf of bread this is! Can't wait to try it!
This is my absolute favorite zucchini bread recipe! It's a nice change from the usual sweet recipe. Thanks so much for sharing!
PHENOMENAL. How amazing is this recipe! It's full of comforting flavours that I love and adore. Thanks for sharing!
Robots in the barn. It's about time.... Just amazing
This looks so delish! I have zucchini sitting on my counter and now I know what I'm going to do with them. Thanks for the insightful organic milk production post and photos.
Made this today. Bread didn't rise much (baking powder and sugar fresh). Is this normal?
Yes, this loaf won't rise a ton.