After the holiday, transform your leftover Thanksgiving turkey into this Leftover Turkey Salad made with the yummy fall flavors of fresh apple and pecans.
In a little over a week from now, you’re gonna have leftover turkey. Its almost a given. When I host any meal, I always produce more than enough food for everyone. I would rather have leftovers than run out of food while my table is full of a bunch of hungry people. Thanksgiving leftovers are usually my favorite! Not only do I like to recreate that wonderful Thanksgiving meal over and over again, but I love to make other delicious meals like turkey and wild rice soup as well as this turkey salad.
I added a few ingredients that are perfect for a fall recipe including fresh apple and pecans. You can definitely moisten everything up with mayo, but I prefer to use greek yogurt (or even a combo of yogurt and mayo) because its healthier but also gives it a nice zip. The apple with the celery give the turkey salad a fantastic crunch. You can totally enjoy this stuff in a sandwich but I prefer to have it with crackers for a perfect little lunch. Enjoy!
Leftover Turkey Salad
- 4 cups cooked turkey chopped
- 3 green onions with the whites and start of the greens sliced
- 2 stalks celery chopped
- 2 sprigs parsley stems removed, diced
- 1 small apple chopped (skin on, honey crisp recommended)
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 cup greek yogurt or mayonnaise or a combination of both
- Combine all ingredients except the yogurt/mayonnaise in large bowl and stir to combine.
- Add yogurt and/or mayonnaise and mix well.
- Season with salt and pepper, if desired.