This non-alcoholic kid friendly Virgin Mango Lime Margarita takes only minutes to make and is full of tangy sweet fruit that blends up perfectly smooth.
This drink sure was a tasty treat. I made it for a few different reasons:
1) Cinco de Mayo is coming up and I love any excuse to make a margarita. ANY. Excuse.
2) With the exception of the sugar, this is basically a smoothie.
3) I had a bag of frozen mango in the freezer and I was tired of looking at it.
The end result was a creamy, smooth, sweet and tangy glass of tropical perfection. We have a vacation coming up where I plan to *gasp* not bring my computer. All I want to do is read a book (despite the abundance of grammatical errors on my blog, I will let you know that I do read… occasionally), swim in the ocean, savor every moment of watching my kids, and consume as many tropical pleasures as my body will allow. You’d better believe I’ll be making this, but if I’m in the tropics I will be using fresh fruit and a hefty splash of tequila.
When I make fancy drinks like this, my kids fight over who gets the pretty glass so of course I did the cool mom thing and served both children in a fancy margarita glass. It made it taste even better, I’m sure.
Don’t you just want to dive right in?
Virgin Mango Lime Margarita
- 16 ounces frozen mango
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/2 cup simple syrup
- 1/2 cup water
- Combine all ingredients in blender and blend until smooth. If your mango is very frozen, you may need to add even more water to make it thin enough to drink, but I prefer this version and to let it melt as we drink it.
- Garnish with lime and enjoy. To make the adult version, just pour in some tequila and stir or blend.