The ultimate cross between beer and cocktail, this Beer Garita combines Mexican beer with a freshly made margarita resulting in the perfect game day drink.
You wanna beer? No, wait, you wanna margarita? Ugh, too many choices. Let’s put them together and do a bit of a science experiment! It only makes sense to pair the two together to create one tasty drink.
First, you must start with a really big mug. We used our “DADDY’S BOOZE” mug. Yes, this is the kind of gift I, I mean my kids, give Daddy for Father’s Day. Don’t judge. Then you get some really big ass ice cubes. Can you use regular ice cubes? Yes, but where’s the fun in that. Then you pour in all the margarita ingredients. Do I put them in a shaker with ice first? Nah, didn’t feel like dirtying another dish and I really didn’t feel it was necessary. You want to make sure your mug is big enough so that when you add the margarita with the ice, the volume of the liquid only goes up half way.
Then, the really cool part. You crack open an ice cold beer and stick it in the booze. As it gets close to the top you start worrying that its going to spill over, but it miraculously stops when the liquid hits the top of the glass. Super cool science + booze = good times.
- 3 ounces silver tequila
- 2 ounces freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 ounce Simple Syrup recipe follows in instructions
- splash of orange liqueur I used Grand Marnier
- 12 ounce bottle of cold Mexican beer I used Corona
- Make simple syrup by heating equal amounts of granulated sugar and water (I used 1/4 cup of each) in a small pot over low heat. As soon as the sugar has dissolved, remove from heat. Store in air tight container in the refrigerator. Make as little or as much as you want. It will last at least a few weeks.
- Using a very large mug (freeze it first if that tickles your fancy), add some really big ice cubes and all the margarita ingredients: tequila, lime juice, simple syrup, and orange liqueur.
- Pour the beer into the glass and submerge the top of the beer in the liquid. It won't overflow if you do it right.