Peppermint Kiss Cookies are a delicious, chewy, soft homemade peppermint sugar cookie recipe topped with a peppermint Hershey Kiss.
These candy cane inspired cookies are fun for all ages! If you’re looking for a homemade holiday cookie to make this Christmas season, this recipe is perfect!
This post may contain affiliate links. That means that I will earn a teeny tiny (seriously, it’s ridiculously small) commission on anything that you buy, at no added cost to you. By supporting me this way, I can deliver more delicious recipes! Read my disclosure policy here.
PEPPERMINT KISS COOKIES
Pin it to your CHRISTMAS COOKIE BOARD to SAVE it for later!
Follow Self Proclaimed Foodie on Pinterest for more great recipes!
Peppermint Kiss Cookies are one of those holiday treats that everyone will love. Much easier to make than my Peppermint Candy Cane Cookies or standard roll/cut/decorate holiday sugar cookies, these minty confections will be loved by all!
How to make Peppermint Cookies with Kisses on top:
- First step is to make the dough. I prefer to use a stand mixer. Like most cookie recipes, you’ll want to start by creaming the butter and sugar together. This recipe uses egg yolks instead of the whole egg which makes them extra rich! I add both vanilla and peppermint extract to the dough which creates amazing flavor. Flour, baking soda, and salt are added to create a thick dough.
- I love to add red sugar crystals for extra sweetness, crunch, and color. You’ll want to stir those in by hand at the very end and minimize mixing so that the color doesn’t spread.
- These peppermint cookies are hand rolled and then baked. To minimize spreading, you can chill the dough before baking.
- It’s important to bake these peppermint cookies just until they set but before they start turning brown. Be sure to have all of your Hershey kisses unwrapped and ready to go, because you’ll want to press them into the cookies when they are warm and soft, but not hot enough to melt the kisses.
Love peppermint recipes? Be sure to make these:
- Peppermint Bark Recipe
- Peppermint Candy Cane Cookies
- Homemade Peppermint Patties
- Easy Peppermint Mocha
- Chocolate Peppermint Swirl Cookies
- Triple Threat Peppermint Brownie Bites
- Homemade Peppermint Marshmallows
- Peppermint Chocolate Pie
Peppermint Kiss Cookies
- 8 Tablespoons unsalted butter softened to room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar I've used ultrafine baking sugar too - both work
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour cake flour works too
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons red decorating sugar
- 30 peppermint Hershey Kisses
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper or silicone baking mat.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer using the paddle attachment, cream the butter and sugar together on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add the egg yolks, vanilla extract, and peppermint extract and beat until well combined for about a minute, scraping sides as needed. In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Mix into butter mixture until a dough forms. You may need to do the final mixing by hand as the dough will be thick. Fold red sugar into dough.
- Roll dough into teaspoon sized balls and set about 2 inches a part on prepared baking sheet. Bake in preheated oven for 9-10 minutes and remove when set but not yet turning brown. Wait 2-3 minutes so that cookies have cooled a bit but are still warm and gently press a peppermint kiss into the top of each cookie. If you do this too soon, it may melt. If you wait too long, they may not stick to the cookie. Transfer to wire cooling rack.
- Store in airtight container. Cookies freeze well.
- Serving size = 1 cookie
Are you a Foodie? We have a group that’s just for you!
I invite you to join so you can share your love of food and cooking with other foodies.
We’re building a community one meal at a time!