This gorgeous Blueberry Ginger Bellini uses blueberries & blueberry juice paired with fresh ginger to make a refreshing non-alcoholic or boozy cocktail.
You know I love my cocktails. I love them when they’re easy, I love them when they’re pretty, and I love them when they’re plentiful.
When you add fresh ginger to anything, it gives it a real bite, but the flavor is quite energizing at the same time. When I made this drink, the ginger flavor really came through, but that was because I shredded up my ginger with my microblade instead of chopping it up with a knife. More surface area = more flavor. If you want the ginger to come across a bit milder, I recommend chopping it into larger pieces. This is a total preference kind of thing and I like to give you options.
You start by dividing the puree between two glasses. Champagne flutes always make drinks taste better.
Then you top with blueberry juice. I bought mine at Trader Joe’s and have no idea if its easy or difficult to find elsewhere as I do 90% of my grocery shopping there.
Then, you have to make a critical decision: do you top with sparkling apple cider or do you top with sparkling wine? I suppose it depends greatly on who will be enjoying the cocktail/mocktail. If you’re undecided, you could always add a little of each and call it a day. Whatever tickles your fancy. Either way, this drink is super tasty and quite refreshing!
Blueberry Ginger Bellini
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1 tablespoon ginger minced (the smaller the mince, the more intense the ginger flavor)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 cup blueberry juice chilled
- 1 cup sparkling wine or substitute sparkling apple juice, chilled
- Mash blueberries with ginger, sugar, and lemon juice. Allow the flavors to blend for at least five minutes, then press through a fine mesh sieve to discard the solids.
- Divide the mixture between two champagne flutes. Top with blueberry juice, then sparkling wine.