S’mores Dip with chocolate ganache, toasted marshmallows, and graham crackers for dipping is the perfect easy summer dessert!
You can use store bought marshmallows or take your s’mores dip to the next level with Homemade Peppermint Marshmallows or Strawberry Marshmallows. Can’t get enough s’mores? You can also make my Golden Grahams S’mores.
S’MORES DIP RECIPE
I look forward to summer for so many reasons. Abundant sunshine, gardening, and s’mores rank quite high on the list.
Now, don’t get me wrong. I don’t think anything beats a traditional s’more where you toast your marshmallows over a fire, then sandwich them between a thick chunk of dark chocolate and crispy graham crackers.
But, I will say that if you love that magic combination of chocolate + marshmallows + graham crackers, this easy dessert dip will satisfy all the cravings.
What makes this s’mores dip recipe different?
Take a look at pinterest or do a quick internet search and you’ll find a ton of recipes for s’mores dip. Most of them call for melted chocolate chips covered in toasted marshmallows. Makes sense, right?
I wanted to take my s’mores dip to the next level.
Instead of just melting chocolate chips, I made a warm chocolate ganache. If you’ve never had homemade ganache, it’s basically scalded heavy cream poured over a mound of chocolate chips.
The trick is to let that combination sit, untouched, for a few minutes to allow the chocolate to melt. Then the fun part comes – you whisk it to a smooth perfection!
A couple pads of butter stirred in gives it the most luscious, silky finish.
How do you make s’mores dip?
This recipe couldn’t be easier.
- First step to to make the chocolate ganache. It only takes a few minutes and turns out perfect every time. Spread that ganache in a baking dish.
- Next, top the ganache with marshmallows. You can use small or big, store bought or homemade. Doesn’t matter.
- Finally, heat the dip in the oven until the marshmallows are completely melted on the inside and toasted on the top. You might have to lower your rack in order to get them fully melted without burning the top.
- Serve with graham crackers for dipping and you’re set!
Can you make s’mores dip ahead of time?
Why, yes you can.
If you want to make earlier in the day and heat up just before serving, I recommend making the entire recipe and then setting it out at room temperature. Then, just before you want to serve, heat on 50% power in the microwave until the chocolate and marshmallows are super melty.
If you want to make it the day before you plan on serving it, refrigerate the dip before putting it in the oven. Then, when you’re ready to serve, let it come to room temperature and then bake in the oven.
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons butter room temperature, cut into small pieces
- 10 ounces marshmallows
- 5 ounces graham crackers (1 sleeve)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Heat cream in pot on stove over medium high heat just until the edges start to bubble. Do not bring to a full boil. While it's heating up, add chocolate chips to a medium sized metal or glass bowl. As soon as cream starts to simmer, remove from heat and pour over chocolate chips. Allow to sit, undisturbed, for several minutes.
- Then, use a whisk to stir the chocolate until it is fully mixed. Add the butter and continue to whisk until everything has melted and is fully mixed and smooth.
- Pour chocolate ganache into a small baking dish.
- Smooth chocolate to create an even layer. You can totally lick the spoon. No judgement here.
- Top with marshmallows.
- Bake in preheated oven until marshmallows have melted on the inside and are toasted on the top. Serve immediately with graham crackers for dipping.