Oven Baked Rosemary Chicken is an easy and healthy dinner recipe that your entire family will enjoy.
Bone-in skin-on chicken pieces are marinated in a homemade lemon rosemary combination that gives great flavor to this moist and delicious oven roasted chicken recipe! Because of the olive oil and skin, the chicken pieces bake to golden perfection and the meat is both moist and packed with that lemon rosemary flavor.
This post may contain affiliate links. That means that I will earn a teeny tiny (seriously, it’s ridiculously small) commission on anything that you buy, at no added cost to you. By supporting me this way, I can deliver more delicious recipes! Read my disclosure policy here. This recipe was originally written for Centsless Meals where I’m a contributor.
OVEN BAKED ROSEMARY CHICKEN
Pin it to your DINNER BOARD to SAVE it for later!
Follow Self Proclaimed Foodie on Pinterest for more great recipes!
Chicken is everyone’s favorite go-to dinner recipe. There are thousands a delicious chicken recipes out there. Recipes like Chicken Piccata, Chicken Cordon Bleu and Perfect Chicken Parmesan are at the top of my list when I’m wanting to serve my family chicken.
But it doesn’t really get much more simple and easy than Oven Baked Rosemary Chicken. And easy is the name of the game when we’re all looking for something to make on a busy weeknight
How to make Oven Baked Rosemary Chicken:
All you need to do is make a quick marinade out of lemon, rosemary, olive oil, salt and pepper. Then, combine the marinade with the chicken in an air tight container or bag, refrigerate, and then it’s ready to bake!
The lemon and rosemary are such a great combination, especially when making oven baked chicken. We make rosemary chicken like this all year long, but during the summer months you can just as easily cook the chicken on the grill instead of the oven so that you don’t heat up your kitchen unnecessarily.
Make up a batch of buttermilk mashed potatoes, some corn on the cob, and a nice green salad and you’ll have the most delicious dinner. I usually like to double this recipe so that I can use the leftover meat to make an easy chicken salad for the kids’ lunches and then I’ll use the leftover skin and bones to make a nice bone broth. It’s the dinner that keeps on giving!
Kitchen tools needed to make Oven Baked Rosemary Chicken:
- Every home cook needs a good quality lemon zester. The zest has so much citrus flavor and really compliments the citrus aspect of this recipe.
- A lemon press or citrus squeezer is a great tool to have to get all of the juice out of the lemon. They work equally as well on oranges and limes too.
- Plastic storage bags or glass storage containers to hold the chicken and marinade. The longer you allow it to marinade, the stronger the lemon rosemary flavor will be!
- I like to bake the chicken on a traditional baking sheet. I will usually line with parchment paper so that the chicken doesn’t stick and it makes for easy clean up!
Oven Baked Rosemary Chicken
- 3 pounds chicken pieces bone in, skin on
- 1 lemon juice and zest
- 1/4 cup olive oil extra virgin
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- Combine all ingredients in a gallon sized resealable plastic bag. Refrigerate for at least an our up to over night.
- When ready to cook, preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Arrange chicken pieces in a single layer on a parchment lined baking sheet. Bake in preheated oven for 30-35 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F.
Are you a Foodie? We have a group that’s just for you!
I invite you to join so you can share your love of food and cooking with other foodies.
We’re building a community one meal at a time!