Coconut Curry Soup with leeks is a healthy soup recipe made in the Instant Pot.
With one substitution this easy soup recipe can be made vegan or vegetarian. If you're looking for a tasty dinner recipe that your entire family will love, this Coconut Curry Leek Soup is it!
Why this recipe works:
I was pleasantly surprised when I made this Coconut Curry Leek Soup Recipe because my kids begged me to pack it in their thermos for their school lunch. I kid you not - it made my heart sing.
For me to make something so healthy and have them beg for it, I was almost wondered if I was on a hidden camera show or something.
Soup is one of my favorite things to make for dinner. Everything you could want in a healthy hearty meal comes in a single bowl and leftovers are a breeze. From Creamy Chicken Soup to Chicken Tortilla Soup and everything in between, what's not to love?
How to make this recipe:
I pretty much use my Instant Pot for all recipes as of late, so I chose to make the soup in the Instant Pot. This recipe really couldn't be any easier.
- It starts by cooking the leeks on saute mode. Once they're soft and golden, you'll set them aside and saute up some garlic, carrot, and celery.
- Add the cooked leeks back in along with some chicken broth (or vegetable broth) along with some curry powder. You can choose to add salt and pepper at this point in the recipe or at the end so you can season to taste.
- Pressure cook on high for only 8 minutes. Use an immersion blender or a countertop blender to make it smooth and then add the coconut milk. That's it!
If you love Indian inspired vegetarian recipes, you'll also want to check out my Vegetable Korma!
Coconut Curry Leek Soup
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 3 leeks (tough green parts removed and remaining thinly sliced and thoroughly rinsed)
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- 2 cups carrot (chopped)
- 2 stalks celery (chopped)
- 3 cups chicken broth (or substitute with vegetable broth if wanting to make recipe vegetarian or vegan)
- ½ tsp. curry
- 1 tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- 14 ounces lite coconut milk (1 can)
- Heat olive oil in base of Instant Pot on saute mode. Once hot, add leeks and saute until limp and golden brown, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- Add garlic, carrots, and celery to hot pot and saute until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add sauteed leeks along with chicken broth, curry, salt and pepper back to the Instant Pot. Close lid and cook on high pressure for 8 minutes. When done, release pressure and open lid.
- Use an immersion blender to blend until smooth. Stir in coconut milk and stir until heated through.