Coconut Curry Soup with leeks is a healthy soup recipe made in the Instant Pot.
With one substitution this easy soup recipe can be made vegan or vegetarian. If you're looking for a tasty dinner recipe that your entire family will love, this Coconut Curry Leek Soup is it!
COCONUT CURRY SOUP
Pin it to your SOUP BOARD to SAVE it for later!
Follow Self Proclaimed Foodie on Pinterest for more great recipes!
I was pleasantly surprised when I made this Coconut Curry Leek Soup Recipe because my kids begged me to pack it in their thermos for their school lunch. I kid you not - it made my heart sing. For me to make something so healthy and have them beg for it, I was almost wondered if I was on a hidden camera show or something.
Soup is one of my favorite things to make for dinner. Everything you could want in a healthy hearty meal comes in a single bowl and leftovers are a breeze. From Creamy Chicken Soup to Chicken Tortilla Soup and everything in between, what's not to love?
How do you make coconut curry soup?
I pretty much use my Instant Pot for all recipes as of late, so I chose to make the soup in the Instant Pot.
This recipes really couldn't be any easier. It starts by cooking the leeks on saute mode. Once they're soft and golden, you'll set them aside and saute up some garlic, carrot, and celery. Add the cooked leeks back in along with some chicken broth (or vegetable broth) along with some curry powder. You can choose to add salt and pepper at this point in the recipe or at the end so you can season to taste.
Coconut curry recipes:
I've made only a couple other coconut curry recipes in addition to this Coconut Curry Leek Soup. Now I'm on a mission to make more.
If you love healthy recipes that have the wonderful combination of coconut and curry, you'll want to check out my super simple 3-ingredient recipe for Butternut Coconut Curry which combines fresh cut butternut squash with coconut milk and curry simmer sauce. This meal tastes great on it's own or with the addition of cherry tomatoes, fresh basil, and some cooked rice.
You will also enjoy my Coconut Curry Pumpkin Soup. This is also a super healthy soup made with pumpkin puree. I went the extra mile and actually roasted and pureed a fresh pumpkin for this recipe.
If you're a real big fan of curry, I also made a Carrot Curry Soup but didn't add any coconut milk. Now that I look at that recipe, I think it would taste amazing with some added, though!
Coconut Curry Leek Soup
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 3 leeks (tough green parts removed and remaining thinly sliced and thoroughly rinsed)
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- 2 cups carrot (chopped)
- 2 stalks celery (chopped)
- 3 cups chicken broth (or substitute with vegetable broth if wanting to make recipe vegetarian or vegan)
- 1/2 tsp. curry
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 14 ounces lite coconut milk (1 can)
- Heat olive oil in base of Instant Pot on saute mode. Once hot, add leeks and saute until limp and golden brown, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- Add garlic, carrots, and celery to hot pot and saute until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add sauteed leeks along with chicken broth, curry, salt and pepper back to the Instant Pot. Close lid and cook on high pressure for 8 minutes. When done, release pressure and open lid.
- Use an immersion blender to blend until smooth. Stir in coconut milk and stir until heated through.