Cheesy Chipotle Pull Apart Bread is the perfect tasty appetizer.
Chipotle peppers, crisp bacon and melted cheese come together for a great game day recipe. Words cannot explain how delicious this recipe is.
I made this just last week and let me tell you, I was craving it all day yesterday. I eat well enough (as you might imagine) that I don’t get cravings very often. I’m usually satisfying them before they actually happen.
But this bread is so good that, although the original batch was gone, I was really wishing I had more hot and ready to be devoured by the time I got home. Sadly, that wasn’t the case, and I had to whip up a quick grilled cheese sandwich to satisfy my cravings.
How to make the BEST pull apart bread:
- This recipe starts with a loaf of bread. You can start with any old loaf of bread, but I started with a wonderfully delicious round loaf of Italian bread. Cut the bread into slices that are about an inch apart, but don’t go all the way through the bottom. You want the loaf to stay whole but give people pieces to grab onto and shove into their mouth.
- I started by soaking the bread with a freaking good concoction of olive oil, butter, garlic, chipotle, and green onions. Warm the loaf in the oven to really get all that flavor to soak in.
- Finally, stuff your cheesy pull apart bread with different kinds of cheeses, more green onions, and of course enough bacon to allow at least a few pieces to stick to each bite.
Love chipotle recipes?
You’ll definitely want to make:
- Chipotle Aioli from scratch
- Cheesy Chipotle Fries
- Grilled Chipotle Shrimp Skewers
- Chipotle Rancheros Frittata
- Chipotle Chicken Quesadillas
- Chipotle Butter Beer Wings
- Chipotle Huevos Rancheros
The photo below is what the cheesy chipotle bacon pull apart bread looked like after I took it out of the oven and shoved the first few pieces from the center into my mouth.
Should I have taken a nice photo for you all before I dug in? Perhaps. Do I have self control when it comes to soft and crispy buttery bread smothered in cheesy chipotle with bacon? Nope.
Just trust me on this one: you must make this bread.
Cheesy Chipotle Pull Apart Bread Recipe
- 1 large loaf of Italian bread or Ciabatta bread
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons butter melted
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons chipotles in adobo chopped
- 6 green onions finely chopped, top third with green tops separated
- 12 ounces shredded cheese (I used a combination of mozzarella, cheddar and jack)
- 8 ounces bacon ends and pieces cooked
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Place round loaf of bread on cutting surface.
- Cut bread into slices that are about an inch apart, taking care to leave bottom in tact. Rotate 90 degrees and cut the other way. You want to see nice grabbable sized pieces of bread.
- Place the bread on a piece of foil that is large enough to wrap around it.
- Combine oil, melted butter, garlic, chipotle, and the bottom 2/3rds of the green onions. Spoon the mixture in the crevasses to evenly distribute. You want each piece to get the flavor.
- Wrap the loaf up in the foil and place on a baking sheet for about 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and increase the oven temperature to 425 degrees F.
- Open the foil and stuff the shredded cheese into the crevasses of the bread. Top with cooked bacon crumbles and remaining top third of the green onions. Continue cooking with the foil open until the cheese is completely melted, about 15 minutes.
This post was originally created in January 2015 and has been updated with more fun facts and tidbits for your reading pleasure.