Enjoy summer’s finest dessert with these rich, creamy, and perfectly sweetened Blackberry Cream Popsicles. Young and old alike will love this summer dessert.
If you’ve ever stopped by my blog before, and according to my google analytics 19.1% of you have, you know that I have a love affair with Oregon berries. I mean, I never knew how truly wonderful a Hood strawberry was until I moved to Oregon. I never knew a raspberry could grow to the size of a thumb (starting at the knuckle) until I went and picked them at the farm just a couple miles from my house. Hands down, Oregon berries are the best.
That’s why I was completely tickled when the Oregon Raspberry and Blackberry Commission took notice of all the berry recipes I was posting. They even sent me these popsicle molds as well as some super cute cards just for fun. Ummm, yeah. I have no problem talking about how much I love berries, so getting stuff in the mail was just the icing on the coconut berry icebox cake.
Enjoy summer's finest dessert with these rich, creamy, and perfectly sweetened Blackberry Cream Popsicles. Young and old alike will love this summer dessert.
- 2 cups blackberries (fresh or frozen)
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup half and half
- 4-6 tablespoons confectioners sugar
- In a medium saucepan over low heat, cook down the blackberries with the sugar and water, stirring and smashing the berries. Continue to cook until the berries break down and the sugar fully dissolves, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to fully cool.
- Strain the sweetened berry mixture through a fine mesh sieve, discarding the seeds. Chill until ready to use.
- Combine whipping cream, half and half, and confectioners sugar until well mixed.
- Fill popsicle molds by either alternating berry and cream mixture, or combine berry and cream mixture and then add to the molds. Freeze until solid, at least 2 hours.