If you’re looking for the perfect fall cocktail, this sparkling Apple Ginger Stone Wall Cocktail is made with muddled ginger, apple cider, and bourbon.
I just think fall cocktails are the best. Sure, summer time is fun because its fresh fruit margarita galore (at least it is at my house), but there’s something so comforting, so welcoming, about a fall cocktail that warms you from the inside out despite being cold and refreshing. Have you ever heard of a Stone Wall Cocktail? Well, from what I read, its a combination of whiskey, sugar, and club soda. That sounds mighty boring to me, so I naturally had to make a Self Proclaimed Foodie version.
You can certainly use ginger beer to add the bubbles, but I used Reverend Nat’s Deliverance Ginger Tonic, made right here in the beautiful city of Portland, Oregon. Just read the label and you’ll know why: its a combination of ginger root, fresh lemongrass, lime juice, and quinine (don’t worry, I had to google quinine too) wrapped up in a hard cider. Yes please.
I started by peeling some fresh ginger root and muddling it in my simple syrup. Then you discard the ginger pieces and shake that gingered simple syrup with some ice, bourbon, and apple cider.
Next, top with your ginger bubbly. Quick. Easy. Delicious. You want one now, don’t you?
Apple Ginger Stone Wall Cocktail
- 1-inch piece fresh ginger peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Simple Syrup
- 1 1/2 ounces bourbon whiskey
- 1 1/2 ounces apple cider
- 1 1/2 ounces ginger beer or ginger tonic, chilled
- lime and apple peel for garnish
- In a cocktail shaker, muddle the ginger with the simple syrup. Add the bourbon and cider.
- Fill the shaker with ice and shake well.
- Strain into an ice-filled rocks glass and top with the ginger beer.
- Garnish with the lime wedge and apple slice/peel.