Start your day off right with a hearty breakfast of a couple of eggs and some perfectly seasoned and delicious Easy Breakfast Potatoes.
I love eggs for breakfast. They fill me up and taste good. I’m one of those weirdos, though, who cannot eat an egg plain. There’s something about the texture. Eggs are too soft or something, but I cannot just eat a bite of egg without a piece of toast, bacon, and/or potatoes. My son, on the other hand, who is barely old enough to have just lost his first baby teeth, can eat three eggs over medium with nothing on his plate but the fork he uses to shovel them in his mouth.
I used to be afraid to make my own breakfast potatoes. I would spread the potatoes out on the baking sheet and pour the oil on top. Then they’d end up too greasy and some of the potatoes would have no oil at all. I find that tossing the oil and spices with the potatoes and onion in a bowl before cooking puts a perfectly thin and even layer of oil and spice on each little piece. I only flip my potatoes once during the cooking process. No need to baby them and constantly stir them. They will turn out perfectly tender and soft on the inside and nicely crisp on the outside. You will love them!
Easy Breakfast Potatoes
- 2 pounds potatoes chopped into small pieces, skin optional (I prefer yukon gold or red, but will use whatever I have on hand)
- 1 small yellow onion diced
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary minced (optional, but recommended)
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- freshly ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Prepare rimmed baking sheet by lining with parchment paper.
- In large bowl, combine all ingredients and toss well to evenly coat potatoes and onion with oil and spices.
- Arrange in single layer on prepared baking sheet. Bake in preheated oven until tender and golden brown, flipping half way through cooking time, for a total of 30-40 minutes.