A high quality sugar makes all the difference in these mouthwatering Chewy Brown Sugar Cookies. They are the perfect sweet treat for any occasion.
I’m not gonna lie. These cookies were amazing.
Once you’re done making the dough, you roll the the dough balls in the powdered sugar to give the cookies that finished crackle look.
There’s one additional feature to this cookie that makes it taste amazing. I brown the butter. You know I’ve been a total brown butter addict lately and taking that extra step with the butter in this recipe completely enhances the flavor and texture of the cookie.
You see those deep crevasses of cookie goodness surrounded by a delicious surface of sweet powdered sugar? That’s when you’ll hear me say “ooooh yeah”.
My sister and her family were just visiting for Thanksgiving and she got to sample every single one of my Christmas cookies before she took some home for herself. Can you guess which cookies were her favorite?
Chewy Brown Sugar Cookies
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter softened
- 2 cups brown sugar T-Sugar recommended
- 2 large eggs slightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup confectioners sugar T-Sugar recommended
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In medium sized saucepan, heat butter over medium high heat, whisking frequently and scraping bottom, until brown specs form and it takes on a nutty caramel aroma. Remove from heat.
- Once butter cools a bit, stir in brown sugar, eggs, and vanilla extract until smooth and creamy.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt together. Add sugar mixer to the bowl of a stand mixer with the paddle attached. Add flour mixture into butter mixture and stir on low just until dough is has combined, then flash it on medium speed for five seconds to fully combine.
- Pour confectioners' sugar into a small bowl.. Spoon 1 inch balls of dough onto confectioners' sugar and roll to coat. Arrange coated dough on a baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until edges are lightly browned, 12 to 14 minutes. Cool cookies on baking pan for 2 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.