This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
If you’re looking for a tasty meal that’s easy to make, grill up these Cajun Shrimp and Sausage Foil Packs for a satisfying dinner without the mess!
Summer is the season of grilling. Have you ever made a foil pack dinner? If not, then I have to tell you – you’re missing out. The beauty of foil is that you can wrap your food up tightly so that it steams and stays moist while still getting the benefits of grilling, but the best part is the fact that there is no mess when you’re done! Its crucial that you use a high quality foil and I really love Handi-foil. Not only does it cost less than those other brands, but its exactly as the box says: heavier, thicker, and stronger.
We happened to make these dinners last week when we were camping, but I’ll also be making them throughout the summer as we enjoy the BBQ in the back yard. For the veggies, I used fresh corn on the cob, baby potatoes that I pre-boiled to make them soft, and green shallots and garlic. The variations are endless, but this was what I preferred to use.
For the meat, I used a flavorful pre-cooked cajun sausage as well as raw shrimp that I coated in my cajun seasoning. You can toss the seasoning all over everything or just coat the shrimp – whichever you prefer.
Wrap each serving up into a nice little foil back and grill them up. Just be sure to put the shrimp on top because you want these to cook as long as possible without over cooking the shrimp to get the best steamy flavor out of each meal.
The result is similar to what you’d find at a good old fashioned Louisana shrimp boil, only it tastes better because you get to cook it on the grill. I even used wild caught gulf shrimp to complete the Southern vibe!
Cajun Shrimp and Sausage Foil Packs
- Prior to cooking, boil the baby potatoes for 10 minutes and then drain. If you skip this step, your potatoes will be crunchy.
- Add all ingredients to a resealable bag or large bowl and toss to coat.
- Tear off six large rectangles of food. Place an even amount of each ingredient on the foil and be sure to place all the shrimp pieces on the top. Fold the foil packs tightly.
- Preheat grill to 350 degrees F.
- Place the foil packs, with the shrimp on top of the other ingredients, on the preheated grill and cook for 20-25 minutes until the shrimp has cooked through and all the ingredients are hot.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.