This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Butterfinger Overload Brownies are the very best quick and easy chocolate peanut butter dessert that’s better than anything you’ve ever tasted.
Love over the top brownies that are made with your favorite candy? Then you’ll also love my Junior Mint Hot Chocolate Brownies.
Who’s got some leftover Halloween candy? I know… to some people, the idea of leftover Halloween candy is a myth. Well, this year, it happened to be pouring on Halloween. Rain = fewer trick-or-treaters = double the candy that gets passed out. Score 1 for the kids who braved the wet weather!
I just so happened to find these new Butterfinger Peanut Butter Cups. Have you seen them? They’re even better than you think! As soon as I found them, I knew I wanted to make Butterfinger Overload Brownies.
First of all, I have perfected my brownie recipe. I haven’t found any other recipe that can even compete. They are chewy on the inside and crisp on the top and edges. You make them in one pot and stir them by hand so the clean up is pretty darn easy too.
I love using a parchment lined foil to bake with so that I can just lift my brownies out of the pan for easy cutting.
The final product is an insanely delicious brownie that’s loaded with both the creamy and smooth flavors and texture of Butterfinger. SO GOOD!
This recipe uses pure vanilla extract. Did you know you can make your own homemade vanilla extract? It makes the perfect gift too.
Butterfinger Overload Brownies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line or grease an 8x8 inch baking pan. Stir the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt together in a bowl.
- In a medium sauce pot over medium heat, melt butter. Continue to cook while it foams and stir constantly until it browns and you see some brown specks at the bottom and it starts to smell a bit toasted (i.e. heaven). Remove from heat. Once butter cools a bit, add sugar and vanilla extract. Next, beat in the eggs one at a time with a spoon. Gradually add the flour mixture, and stir the batter until it's evenly moistened.
- Add your Butterfinger pieces and peanut butter cups to the batter and stir to combine.
- Spread the batter into the bottom of the prepared baking pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the brownies begin to pull away from the sides of the pan, and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean (except for melted chocolate), 35-40 minutes. Cool in the pan, cut into squares, and serve.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.