A delicious Simple Summer Salad with fresh greens, goat cheese, berries, and a homemade balsamic vinaigrette is the perfect side dish for lunch or dinner.
I know, I know. Its August. I see people posting photos of their kids going back to school already. I’m sure people have soccer practice, homework, and packed lunches on their minds. Well, my kids don’t go back to school for another few weeks and the evenings haven’t cooled off enough to make me think of fall, so I still have summer on my mind. This little salad is quite possibly my favorite go-to salad. First of all, I pretty much love goat cheese and/or berry anything. They make all things better. But I also love homemade dressings. Sure, bottled dressings are easy, but they almost always have some ingredient I’m not fond of or I just get tired of it before the bottle is gone and my refrigerator door gets loaded up with dressings of season’s past. No. I much prefer to whip up a fresh homemade vinaigrette and make the right amount to be consumed within a week or so, even though they last much longer than that. This simple summer salad is just that – simple, and perfect for summer. Enjoy the last few weeks we have left before the leaves start to change color and the holidays consume us by enjoying the bounty summer has to offer!
Simple Summer Salad
- 1/4 cup balsamic dressing
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- salt & pepper as desired
- 10 ounces leafy green salad mix of your choice
- 4 ounces crumbled goat cheese
- 1/2 cup berries I used strawberries and blueberries
- In a small bowl, whisk together balsamic vinegar and dijon mustard. Slowly pour in oil while whisking rapidly until it is combined.
- In large bowl, toss greens with dressing. Top with berries and goat cheese.