If you’re looking for a tasty snack packed full of nutritional benefits, you can’t beat these delicious and high in fiber Roasted Rosemary Thyme Chickpeas.
Have you ever tried these? I find them highly addictive. Good thing they are much MUCH much healthier than potato chips.
These make such a fantastic snack for so many reasons. First, they’re healthy. Garbanzo beans, or chickpeas, are loaded with fiber, and we all know a little fiber goes a long way! Second, they’re easy to make. This time of year when summer is flying by faster than we can handle and half the country has already returned back to school, we need all the time saving tricks we can get! Third, they’re cheap! I’d snack on fresh crab or or a nice creamy brie any chance I’d get, but occasionally I like to go for the pocket book friendly foods as well.
My kids love snacking on these flavorful crispy little snacks by the handful. I think they taste best warm but I’ve eaten them cold and didn’t really mind them that way at all. The kids don’t really seem to notice a difference between hot and cold – they just shove them in their mouth. How does someone a third my size eat the same amount? If only I could have the metabolism of a 7-year-old…
Do yourself and make these this week. You’ll love them and will be happy to have a new snack addiction!
Roasted Rosemary Thyme Chickpeas
- 2 15- ounce cans of chickpeas (drained, rinsed, and dried)
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt (more depending on preference)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400º.
- To best dry the garbanzo beans, lay out on a clean dish towel and allow to air dry completely. This may take up to a day however I took a fan and blew it over them because I didn't want to wait. The more moisture they have, the less crispy they will roast up, so be sure to dry them the best you can.
- Toss the chickpeas with oil, herbs, and seasoning. Spread on a large baking sheet and bake, uncovered, for 45 minutes, or until golden brown and crunchy.
- Serve immediately or store in an air tight container for a snack later.